Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
dunno if you still interested but we went to cairo to see the "P"s an sphinx, an lunch on the nile an the museum with our 9 year old and 4year old and had a great day.
Admittedly our girls are well hardened travellers for their age and they did infact really enjoy the experience, I think they lasted better than we did, although it has to be said it did,nt seem that long a day in the end.
Got up at 5 am, collected from hotel (calimera in nabq bay) flew out of sharm at 7.00am, arrived back at hotel at 9.00pm.
Did the whole thing with our tour operator (odysey) cost £540 for all four.
If I had wited untill the guys who come around the hotel pools and bombard you with all sorts of deals, I could have got the trip for £100 less. No complaints about the trip we went on apart from lunch being a bit naff and the guide that went with us was a complete culture nut and was brill, well done mohammed!!
P.S we did take the little ones buggy but only used it at the museum, its piggy back or shoulders at the pyramids I,m afraid!"
we did cairo by plane with charmofsharm.co.uk we were a family of 3adults and 3children the youngest is 4years 95Sterling pounds
hey lovesharm,

That,s a cracking deal you got there, mind if I ask if you booked that before you left or did you do that out there? did you fly on a charter plane or private and were you in a private party with your own guide.
I knew I was paying over the odds, but at the time did,nt expect to be going out of the hotel to look around or infact realise that the guys who wander around the pools (nearly looky looky) doing "special" deals would be able to come up with the goods?

One piece of advice for anybody thinking of going to Cairo, "take your own toilet tissue and try not to use the loo,s in Cairo airport as they are putrid"
we were group of 6 people
we flied by Egyptair plane which better more than charter and the guide ash was fantastic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.