Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Tapas alley
4 Posts
Hi Katy ... this topic may provide you with the info you need:

Benidorm Old Town: Food & Tapas Alley

David :wave
If you walk to the very end of Levante beach on the promanade then turn right and keep walking for around 2-5 mins you will walk straight into Tapas Alley its virtualy opposite the Queens hotel. Try to arrive there between 2pm/4pm or between 8pm/12pm other wise they may be closed and you won`t realise that you are in Tapas alley

When you find it have a wander up and down the streets around it, we have been going to the alley for around 8 years now and have only just on our last 2 visits found more tapas bars on neighbouring streets. Some have good offers on a tapa and vino or cana(small beer) or carva for 1 euro.

Most of the bars serve pintos tapas which are a small tapa on a slice of crusty bread, pintos come from the northern area of Spain so I am told.
I think that you may mean ‘pinchos'.

Un pincho is a toothpick, but the word is also used for a small portion of tapa (smaller than una media ración, or of course a full sized ración). If you are not too sure about what you are ordering it may be best to start with 'un pincho de .........', before going for the larger options.

The term comes from the use of a toothpick to secure the tapa onto the slice of bread that the very small portion is usually served on.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.