General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Why do they want your passport number, I would of thought the flight number would be enough! :que
For some years now we have used the same private taxi transfer from Alicante to Benidorm and on our last visit we had to give passport number to the driver on arrival at Alicante. As far as I am aware it is some change in the law
AFAIK.
It's to do with stopping people who illegally do the airport runs for "family".......for those illegally operating, everybody becomes the drivers family when the police ask......it's also to stop the work being taken away from the legal registered taxi firms/drivers.

I'd think long and hard about giving my passport number to anyone, and unless you are a family who is staying off the beaten tourist route, I personally wouldn't pre-book a taxi from Malaga airport.

As you come out of the arrivals halls there are two doors......one straight ahead and one on your right....you'd have to be blind to miss them.
Go through the one on your right and immediately outside the door is the taxi rank with literally hundreds of taxis arriving at the airport all day/night long.
If you're not feeling confident Dawn, just write on a piece of paper the following.

El Hotel Tiburon
Calle Los Nidos.
¿Cuánto es? en Inglés por favor
The driver should reply with a figure around 20 euros.

Sanji
  • Edited by Sanji 2009-09-16 15:26:24
This is exactly what we did on Sanji's advice. We had no problem at all getting the taxi to El Tiburon.
Hi all
Did ask the company in another email and got this reply-

Good morning,

We just need an ID number (Whatever) to hold the bookings, it is the reglament.

Thank you and regards

Since I got the email asking me for my passport number, it did put me off. They did quote €20 but if it is around the usual amount charged for taxis anyway it I might get one outside.
Thank you for your advice.

Dawnie-Rob
In Spain it is common to be asked for your ID number for just about everything! It is just the way things are done here and there is nothing sinister in it. You will need it for things such as large purchases, buying online, even just placing a free classified ad in a newspaper. Residents normally use their residencia number and non residents their passport numbers.
Hi there
I am surprised I haven't heard from anyone who has actually used the company I have mentioned. You do tend to be cautious if you know nothing about them.

Dawnie-Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.