DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
hi we have used resort hoppa and had excellent service, this was in majorca and ibiza. both times picked up in a private taxi and drivers were smart and on time, with very competative rates.
SC2004,
If you're asking the hotel to book your return trip to the airport, be prepared for a substantial increase in the cost.
At Christmas, we diy'd a holiday in Portugal and, when booking our hotel, I was offered a " special " rate for taxi transfer from the airport; I accepted this -30 euros - but arranged my own return transfer online at a cost of 22 euros; It turned out to be the same firm that the hotel had charged me 30 euros for !!
Thanks for your replies
Have you given any thought to hiring a car for the duration of your stay?if so you could arrange to pick the car up and drop it off at the airport. The savings on the taxi transfer will probably pay for a weeks car hire!
We also used Resort Hoppa last Christmas (6 adults) and found the service very professional and would definitely recommend them.
Hi all
I am trying to make up my mind about my transfer from Palma. I have seen mixed reviews about Resort Hoppa. Do they drop you off at your hotel or just the resort? Is it a minibus? I am travelling alone, so would it be minibus and dropping off at all the hotels like a coach, but at one particular resort? I'm going to Magaluf

thanks in advance.
Dawn
when we used resort hoppa to majorca, it was booked for my two parents in a mini bus.......when my parents arrived at palma they were directed to a private taxi as i guess they were the only ones travelling to s'illot at that time, i think if there had been more people going to the same resort then they would have all gone on a bus. they were delivered right to the front door of the hotel. for the return journey, they had to confirm their booking the day before they left and were greeted again by a private taxi and female driver who loaded their luggage and took them directly to palms airport. they paid 32 euros return for that and travlled some way from palma to s'illot.
Hi, we used holidaytaxis while in Fuertenventura and the service really was excellent. Our flight was delayed and there was someone waiting for us at the other end holding up a holiday taxis board. Although we paid a few more pounds we had heard good things about the company as they have been around for a long time. We also found their website extremley user friendly.
Hi there
Have checked on the Holidaytaxis.com previously, they charge £43 for one way to Magaluf and £78 return, too expensive for just one person to find I think. :(
And majorca taxis want 43euros each way, yet again too dear. It s ok if you can split the expense and you are going in a group.
Thank you for the suggestions.
Dawn
Has anyone used Alpharooms taxi transfers before and if so, what was the service like please?

Thanks
If it's Magalluf you guys want, the airport taxi service right outside the arrivals doors only charge about 31euros (about 21 pounds) one way !!! This is based on last summers official price tariff + 10%.
For Majorca we used Autocares Levante -we booked thru' MCA Travel in Porot Cristio but this time will just book direct.

We had a 7 seater aircon minibus take us from airport to hotel and for the return leg we were the sole family on an 20 or so seater coach - it was great!
Hi

I've booked taxi transfers today from Palma airport to Puerto Pollensa with this company http://www.puertopollensa.com/transport-taxis-bus-trains.html

I've not used them before but they seemed very efficient replying very quickly after e-mailing them.

Have to say they quoted me £89.86 for RETURN transfers, I priced it up with alpharooms and they were charging £160 plus!

Shell :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.