Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Taxi Driver
7 Posts
every taxi driver will take sterling from you from airport to resort,just give him a tenner,that will do.go to prepay booth just before you get out of doors on the left ;)
Just walk outside the airport and theres is a pre-pay taxi kiosk...it will cost 650 rupees to Calangute ect,just change 20 quid in the airport before you come out to pay him as it's a rubbish rate in the airport.
If you book one to pick you up he will charge about 800 rupees,can't see the point in booking one. :think
There's a list of Taxi prices from the airport here http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Taxi.htm

Also ones from the train stations and Mapusa (which is probably the best one for anyone living in the North, gives a good gauge of what the price should be)...

Thanks
where are you going? I've got a couple of numbers for a trustworthy guy.
To avoid the apalling exchange rate inside the airport use the A.T.M. located just outside the airport on the right.

Papa
No email but have phone for the driver we use. Based in Candolim.
But as above posts , it really is not a problem getting a taxi at the airport with only sterling.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.