Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Why dont you try and pre book with Holiday taxis, that way you will know the price before you go . They are waiting for you when you land and will take you directly to your hotel, and pick you up for your return journey.

they have a website and you book and pay on line I think !
Whenever anybody asks this, I always recommend http://www.propercar.com/bodrum-airport-transfer.htm (I should be on commission!). They're reasonably priced and very efficient, always there when you arrive at the airport and always pleasant.
ProperCar are very good but their transfer rates are high. Why not rent a car for a few days and see a bit of the surrounding country as well as having a car for the journey to the supermarket, if you're staying in an apartment.

If you are booked into accomodation, why not ask reception if they can organise a transfer for you as a comparison?
I've just come back from Bitez a week ago. We pre-booked a transfer from the airport, it had so many drops before us we took 2 hrs to get to our appartments :( As we are thinking of going back later this summer, I wondered if it would be a quicker option to just grab a taxi.

I'm afraid the rental option is a non-starter! As I'm the only one in the family who can drive I get fed up the responsibility falling on me. Its annoying enough in this country that whenever we go out for a drive & stop for a meal, I cant have a glass of wine etc. There's no way I'm having that on my hols as well!! :cheers

I'll look into the companies mentioned & see how they sound, thanx for the suggestions!

Del.
what about bodrum ıtself to bodrum ıs ıt far after all the reports on here ı fancy goıng whe ı am ın bodrum next week
my memory may be failing me, but 2 years ago I think that the taxi fare from Bitez to Bodrum was 90 lire on the taxi board by Blue Moon.

edited to inlude this that I found on a site advertising a flat for rent
Yalikavak is 30 miles from Bodrum airport and Airport transfers are available at reasonable rates - for 1-4 persons £30. I can arrange this for you

Going by this , Bitez must be around the same price.
Last time to Turkey in May we used proper car rentals to Ortakent and they charged £28 one way. I think it was £26 to Bitez.
They are very good.

Just been into Jackies link, and the prices have certainly gone up.
We found that all prices were going up when we were there.
Think we probably will go with the propercar people. Even though it will work out double the shuttle service I think it will be worth not having the 2 hr journey!
I don't mind the shuttle service, it gives you a chance to have a bit of a look around as you get to a resort you haven't been before.
granted its a bit different if you arrive at some silly hour.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.