Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Taxi Prices
4 Posts
7km from my house to the railway station is 8 Euros give or take.

I reckon 10km therefore around 10 - 11 Euros. There is a surcharge after 10pm I think, as well as on Sundays and holidays.

If you are staying in the main holiday season taxis are very hard to come by.

I am 99% sure Bayside Salgados runs its own mini-buses into town during the day at least. Might be worth checking.
Thanks for your help. The dates im going are 30th june - 14th july, do you reckon taxis will be hard to come by at these dates? also do you have to pre book taxis only wondering as last year went to gran canaria and you just put your hand out if a taxi was coming down the road.
Bayside run their own minibus into Albufeira every day, but not at night. It is quite out of the way, but they do run their own entertainment every night.There is a short cut through another complex to get to the superb Praia Grande beach at Gale. (out of complex reception turn right past the snack bar at the end keeping right all the time past car parking area to end of block you will see a small pathway along the perimeter wall of the new posh salgados complex just follow that to the top across the road keep walking straight on and you will see the beach there is an opening in the fence to allow passage to beach. If you like posh tea or coffee and cakes etc there is a very nice tea cafe same way out of reception but turn left at end of road a few hundred yards on left, the seating area is a lovely sun trap :sun2 the snack bar has cheaper prices :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.