Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Oh lucky you, free flights to tenerife. and on my wedding anv

playa de las americas, as it is for the younger, there is an area called starcos and veronicas, and this is where the younger ones party.

but apart from that there is loads of great bars for you to chill out. And nice beaches.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk

have some cheap priced accommodation

they have the california apts on the 9th jan for a week for £190, which isn't to bad a price. there are loads more apts at around the £200 mark

i would search them out, then do a bit of research on the hotel reviews on here, then come back and ask for a bit more advice.

what apts have you found on owners direct, if you don't mind me asking.
To be honest I've only really had a quick look, but I think there were a few around the £200 mark. I'm a bit weary about booking through there or through a site like travel republic. This will only be the third holiday i've organised, the other two both been package hols, and I'd much rather book through a travel agent, just feels safer, but there prices are quite a lot more compared to these other sites.

We are hoping to pay around £200, as I say it's just an extra break really and we don't want it to be too expensive.

Will carry on looking :)
If you book with travel republic then you are covered by abta, should anything go wrong.

if you book with owners direct, you have no cover, just contact between you and the owner.

i know which one i would book with,

apha rooms, somewhere2stay, wintersunshineholidays, medhotels, they are all good companies to book with.
Thanks for those, I'll have a good look at them when I have a bit of time.

Do you know what it's like in January?? Is it pretty quiet?
Not really, as tenerife is an all year round resort

i've been in january and been swimming in the sea.
if you book with owners direct, you have no cover, just contact between you and the owner.

Of course you have cover.....You are covered for cancellations etc by your travel insurance :wink:
We had a couple last year who couldnt travel at the last minute due to ill health. We supplied them with a copy of our contract/booking agreement and their insurance paid out.
We always book our hotel and flights seperate and save a fortune on travel agent prices. We use holidaylets.net or owners direct for self catering but you can also get some great hotels deals using freedomdirect, medhotels or travelrepublic. We have used all of these before and have not had any problems. If you book privately owned apartments they are always better equiped and usually have sky tv etc. Plus the owners are great at giving advice on the area like best places to eat etc.
try pueblo torviscas apartments in costa adeje area of PDLA they are very nice apartments and reasonably priced, with loads of bars, shops and restaurants all around. They are also close to the beach. Although there is plenty to do in this area, if you want a night out at the clubs in central PLDA, there is a taxi rank very close to the apartments.We are staying there in August. The website is http://www.pueblotorviscas.com. Hope this is helpful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.