Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
It's a tough one, if the two rooms had not been available for the first night as you were originally told then you could have claimed for that but as far as I am aware rooms together are nothing more than a request and are never guaranteed with any operator regardless of when you book.

The surrounding noise level are another grey area because actually on the Easyjet site description of the accomodation it does not state that the location and apartments are quiet, noisy or anything else for that matter. The apartments own website does indeed claim that the location is quiet though but as Easyjet have not claimed this I can't say how their description can be disputed.

It sounds awful and I am so sorry that you had a terrible time, I personally can't see a good case for complaints where you will get a beneficial solution but hope that someone else on here will be able to help.
Have realised this.
But am trying to get a refund due to sub-standard accommodation compared to other rooms for the same price in the hotel, and compensation for distress and even illness caused
The thing is that the room we had was the very worst in the establishment, even the assistant manager Hassan agreed with this, and from what other members of staff have said the room is used for short time stays or relatives of the staff.
However we were there for 2 whole weeks.
It was within the manager's gift to change our room for we saw other standard twin rooms standing empty but whenever we enquired he was either unavailable or uncooperative and never once did the word 'sorry' pass his lips.
Of course we are not holding our breath with regard to any success with easyjet but am prepared to publicise this wherever and whenever possible.
The fact is that nobody could have coped with the noise levels inflicted upon us for 2 weeks, it was like putting our beds in the middle of a nightclub.
It seems you got the managers back up and thats why he wouldn't change your room. :think Not very fair on you though but I don't think there is much you can do about it to be honest.
Also please remember that Easyjet have 28 days to respond to your complaint as laid down in the code of practice we have in the UK, please give them time to respond else you are continually resetting the clock each time you email them.

Dave
I am pretty sure that we did put the manager's back up, and quite rightly so, upon our arrival at the apartments he was surly and rude, on top of suggesting that we all share one room instead having the two rooms we had paid for. And if you read the Tripadvisor reviews you will see that we were not the only guests who suffered from his bad attitude.
But to put people of our age group, my husband is almost sixty and suffers from a chronic medical condition, in a room right next to the bar and then proceed to turn a deaf ear to our pleas with regard to changing rooms takes a certain kind of sadism.
Even when he knew that my husband was ill and unable to leave his bed he proceeded to charge us £20.00 to keep our daughter's room for just 4 hours, when it doesn't even cost that much per room per night.
He has a clique of favourite guests who return year on year or are friends/relatives of an English woman called ******who lives in Marmaris but spends most of her time at Club Ako with her Turkish boyfriend, and for them he is a different person, friendly, charming, and prepared to play the perfect host.

**Edit to remove personal names and potentially libellous comments - Admin**
I understand your positon on this and I do feel for you but in Turkey it is very much the way of life where you scratch my back and I will scratch yours. Your only complaint is the standard of the room you and your husband got. I wouldn't complain about how the manager didn't like you as that is just tit for tat. Let us know what easyjet say. :)
Of course our complaint to easyjet is not all about how much we disliked the manager, that would be silly, I am only letting off steam here because for a whole year we saved up for this holiday and looked forward to it more than the usual because we believe this year is the last year our three grown up daughters will want to go away with us as a family, so a lot was riding on this holiday being a success.
However, it has left us feeling drained and depressed, my husband under the doctor for a re-occurence of a chronic condition brought on by stress, so ill in fact that he will be unable to return to his job as a teacher next week.
We are not just whingeing about this, it has in fact been a very upsetting experience which some others reading this complaint might well under-estimate, but if they had been in our position, regardless of age, I believe they would have felt exactly the same.
Try contacting Ros Fernihough,a travel solicitor who has helped members of HT,me included! .
The telephone number is 01922 705134.This will get you through to Pam her PA,who will advise you accordingly.
very interesting please let us know what the result is. :tup
I would have complained also about the room. It is quite common in hotels for there to be rooms that they dont use for guests, just for staff etc as they are either smaller, are basement or next to the kitchen or something. I do find it shocking that the manager would make you stay in that room for 2 weeks. Do you have photos of the room your daughters had and the room you had?If this was to go further you would need proof :)

Hope it all works out for you
Easyjet use laterooms.com for their accommodation. There is simply a link from their home page which redirects to the provider of accommodation. A sort of DIY package created with compondents of the holiday from the Easyjet website.

Have you thought about contacting them?

http://hotels.easyjet.com/en/p5655/Global/Contact/default.aspx
Thanks for all the advice, especially the name of a solicitor I can contact and the link in the last reply which has supplied me with a useful address.
Am not hopeful of a decision made by easyjet in our favour, or of that decision being made any time yet, but will keep you all posted.
X
Greenshoes,

Yes I do have photographic evidence of the room we were in which easyjet are already in receipt of, and the evidence is pretty damning, some good shots of the bar roof and stools right outside our bedroom window and some equally good shots of beer crates and garbage right outside our balcony.
One of our daughters had the presence of mind to tell us to take the photos.
Thats great you have photos to prove your point. I hope it all works out. I have never booked with Easyjet so I do not know what they are like.
high i dont think of you winging, in deed if everyone took action when treated this way maybe then the likes of easyjet etc would ensure the hotels would be run more efficiently. this manager has no business in the trade, because he takes the hump people who have saved all year and look forward to there holidays get treated like muck. i have been to icemeler 10 times and have never had a bad experience but maybe i have been lucky. keep up the fight if just to let easy jet and the manager know the that standards must be maintained and if not people will complain. :tup :tup
thanks for that 'ken the pen'.
have already been given the brush off by easyjet, a formal apology and 'thanks for your feedback'.
but will not leave it there, I mean maybe I won't get anywhere in the end but I will give them all hell in the meantime!
These tour operators just don't give a damn about the people who book holidays with them, we are all just booking references, not real people who spend all year dreaming of their ideal holiday - a brief respite from lives that may be far from rosy.
it's high time people started to complain and protest more.
In fairness - you haven't actuially booked with a tour operator. You booked the compondents of your own holiday. Flights with EasyJet then the hotel via a web link on the EasyJet site to another company who booked hotel accommodation. Had a tour operator been used you may have had more recourse for resolution in resort.

I do however hope you gain satisfaction from your complaint to EasyJet/LateRooms/Hotelier and can understand your upset at your holiday plans being mared and the subsequent upset you and your family were put through.
It certainly sounds awfull. However frankly I think you will just end up banging your head against a brick wall and end up with more stress as I can't see how they have broken their contract with you. They supplied you with two rooms as contracted and I don't think a room next to the bar is in breach of that. We have had the same in Turkey with a room over a bar/disco as many are in that part of the world. I understand the noise issues as I also hate it but in any hotel it can be pot luck what you end up with.

I would let it go to be honest.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.