Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
we just exchanged at the hotel- they gave us a good rate( that was the Griya by the way)
there are a few atms in Sanur as well
Be wary of using some money changers in Bali, with the large numbers of notes you will receive its quite easy to become a victim of slight of hand scams where you'll find yourself short changed - by about a third in our case.
Thanks Fiona & Sunbear,
this is why I asked the question but as you say Fiona if the hotel provides a good rate then you may be better off changing there, thanks again :tup ...jxk8
I just use ATM's everywhere. Just make sure you advise your bank you are going in advance. I had my cards blocked on my recent trip as apparently Indo is 'high risk'.
Is it possible to change a small amount in the UK?
It is possible , I work in a foreign exchange bureaux and you can order indonesian rupiah no problem.
You might get a better rates in Singapore Changi airport when you transit? (don't know for sure, but would make sense as they see more of the currency there).

I've never taken Rupiah in advance as there are so many machines in the luggage hall anyway.
yes we exchanged in Singapore- it was definitely a better rate.
Re informing your card company- I have had my visa card blocked in Bali- we were in the middle of nowhere shopping at a jewellery shop at the time so it wasn't very handy.
Thanks. We have a couple of hours at Singapore on the way out, so will probably change a small amount there.

This site it so handy for getting answers for the small little queries. Takes a lot of the stress out of preparing for a holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.