Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
the recent fuel strike is long over, i was on Zakynthos at the time and not a drop was to be had ..unless you were a local and regular to that garage.. been to crete several times over the years ..never noticed any fuel problems

wizard
Beware of being overweight with luggage coming home they were copping everybody this year I had to pay 18 euro for being 2 kilos over and quite a few people in the queue were having to pay I suppose it's another way to squeeze some more money out of people.
Rick.
Juggernaut, it depends on your airline as to the allowed free baggage allowance! Sorry you got stung.

Unfortunately the high price of oil is meaning that prices are going up all over the world, and naturally that will include Crete!! Perhaps it's a good time to prepare a budget and stick to it, or to make sure you don't waste what you spend your money on.

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but I would think that if you did either of these things, you might enjoy your holiday more and feel that what you spent was worth it.
petrol approx 1.39 euro a litra last week but do shop around
And that's cheaper than at my local supermarket in Alsace, France.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.