Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
It's a little rough wear sensible footwear. Lovely little shack and beach 1/2 way , Cliffs shack. Better to do it in the morning about 8 you might see dolphins. If not before midday as it's a hot walk. Take about 45mins or more.
It's a bit of an up & down scramble as you descend to a couple of little coves on route, it's a bit scrambley and scree like in places and should only take a half hour or so. Trainers or stout shoes are essential. If you do it on anjuna market day you will find some kids perched at the high points with home made ice boxes selling coolish drinks which are most welcome Iv'e only done it Baga to Anjuna and got the boat back, all in all a pleasant way to visit Anjuna
Have done this walk too on the way back from Anjuna market and it was a welcome sight having the young lads follow with cold drinks. The beach half way was nice too although when we did it there was no shack!! The only reason we walked was because there was no way we were getting back in the rowing boat !! we were taken to the market in !! Anyway we were glad we did it, nice walk and a few pit stops were had in the shacks on the beach on the way back to candolim
On my seventh trip to Goa, finally decided to try this path. Went in October 2005 last, and although it was plain sailing to get to the small cove and shack (and it was open even that early in the season, though no customers at all) the path to Anjuna hence was impossible to find. Yes, I saw the goat tracks and the scree, but the paths were at least 45º steep! I turned back, but not to be deterred, walked back to Baga, Arpora, then Chapora and Vagator -- and all this from a starting point in Candolim! It took weeks for the blisters to go!
Question is, was I stupid to miss the track? Or does it not exist that early in the season? (I was on the first plane out almost)
I've only once been scared in Goa, and that was attempting to walk along the coast from Fort Aguada to Siquerim. That too was a goat path, literally and I'd already walked too far in sandals to feel really safe doubling back on my tracks! Eventually, though sense set in and I had to. Has anyone ever done this track? I wish the Goan Tourist Minister would do a bit more to promote these tourist trekking routes.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.