Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Things to do
8 Posts
hi

theres a good water park (aguamar) down in playa d en bossa- slides,shoots etc, just near space club,and just near to where you are, es cana - we,ve heard thats pretty family orientated with plenty to do for the little ones.

hope it helps
Thanks a lot....do you know anyone that has accessed the train that travels around part of the island and do they/you know if this any good...

Kirsty
hi we,ve seen the train but never tried it! i personally thinks its worth hiring a car for a couple of days if either of you drive-very cheap and you will enjoy it more just finding places off the tourist areas and it is also very difficult to get lost as the island's so small.
Also worth trying if you fancy it is a trip across to formantera on the ferry/boat - amazing beaches and you can hop on a coach and it takes you to some stunning places.

hope it helps

any more info pm me

have fun

neil & di
Thanks I might try the ferry trip - we both drive but have never drove abroad before....the train might be a bit exciting for the little girl so we might try that...

Would anyone recommend anywhere for a decent meal?

Kirsty
Tried the Train a few years back - The one that runs from Es Cana.

At that time I think it did two or three different trips depending on the time of day (Morning - afternoon and evening believe it or not !)

We did the morning trip which wasn't too bad - gets you to some of the areas outside the resort you would probably otherwise miss. Sorry to be a bit vague but it was few years back. Lasted about 2-3 hours with about 3 stop offs to have a look round - including a beach.

Do remember though that people started to queue quite early to get a seat - at that time there didn't seem to be any sort of organisation regarding tickets - first come and fittest seemed to get to the front !

As for eating you couldn't have picked a better resort for choice and quality - the variety is outstanding. Take your pick

Tha car is still a good bet - Don't worry about not having driven abroad before - at that time of year outside the towns the roads should be pretty quiet (it's my favourite time of year there) you soon get the hang of it :grin
must say yes to he trip over to formantera, and the trip round this small island is a must to see the views, and the beaches are out of this world,
Thanks I might talk my partner round into hiring a car and driving on the wrong side of the road....We do like nice food so I am glad there are plenty of restaurants...we are staying at the aparthotel orquidea do you know of anyone that has stayed there? Or if anyone reads this have they stayed there before - if so what is it really like....
Kirsty
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.