Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
If you want to avoid the Brit hordes get west of Chania!
I would tend to agree with you, but there could be possibilities on the south coast also, and areas well east of Iraklion? Probably worth a comb through some of the resort reports and sift what doesn't appeal first? I think that it's easy to find something for everyone on Crete.
Not sure what you want when you say taste of Crete, does that mean SC and eating out all the time ?

If it doesn't then and you want an AI and just eat out occassionaly then the Louis Creta Princess in Maleme (western Crete is to be prefered to eastern Crete IMHO) would probably fit the bill. I would say your 10 year old is an ideal age for the place, it has one of the best swimming pools I have ever seen on this kind of holiday and decent sized sunbathing terraces. You are a ten min bus ride from Platanais with all its bars, restaurants and shops and 25 mins from Chania. Mixed clients, English, French, Greek, German, so not too brits abroad.

There are quite a few threads on it on here, if you do a search you will get info, rather than me boring everyone to sleep about the place

Doe
Hi
Been to a place called the Grand Hotel 10mins outside stalis which would be a good place for yourself good rests nice beach shops and the bars are not lively so think it would be up your street and to stop at the grand would put the iceing on the cake what a fantastic place to stay we have booked up already for next year with online Direct Holidays.

Cheers Andy
If you want typically Crete with the majority being residents all year round and yet by the beach then KALIVES near Chania is for you. No disco's but plenty of restaurants / tavernas to sample. Great place for couples and families wanting to experience the real Crete. Only 30 mins from Chania airport.

:sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.