Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
My suggestion would be Corfu. :tup In particular Acharavi, which is in the north. I'm not sure if there are any AI there but there are plenty of restaurants to try :D Nice village feel to it too.
Hi, I was also going to suggest Corfu which was our first Greek destination with our boys when they were about 5 and 8 (many years ago). We had a really great family holiday in Acharavi eventhough at that time it wasn't as popular as it is now. The sea is clear and the beach is very safe, although quite narrow. I know another family favourite resort in Corfu is San Steffanos. I suggest you look at the resort reviews to see what you think. There are so many resorts that cater for families, it's a job to know where to start recommending unless you can narrow it down or at least discount a few of the islands. Good Luck!
Hi Bensino.

I have been to Greece and her islands for over 30 years, and the one which always stands head and shoulders above the rest is Crete, anywhere on the south coast is good, avoid Malia and Stalis, on the Northern coast much too rowdy catering more for 18-30's. Elounda NE is a nice resort, Georgioupolus is good, Plakias south is good although very quiet, Aghia Galini is lovely south, but very hilly. Aghias Nikolaos the capital is lovely but expensive. Word of warning we were in Crete last year and prices have gone through the roof we were paying £2.20 for a coke in restaurants so we stocked up at the supermarkets where it was 55p a can meals were costing us roughly £45 for two people whereas the year before they were around £25 for two. With a strong Euro & a weak £ they could be even dearer this year. Saying that Crete & Greece itself are the most lovely places to visit. Wherever you choose to go you will have a lovely time.
Hi Bensino. Whatever you do, don't do all inclusive in Greece. It would be a crime to miss the food in the lovely Greek tavernas ;) .
i agree with pargaluvva, you just cant beat the greek tavernas for delicious food
Have been looking here for a holiday for this year... no children traveling with us this year, but think AI would work out a lot cheaper if available?? Looking for nice beach, nice pool, and a bit of a buzz without 18-30s!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.