EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Joan

First consider how old you are!! I know it sound rude but are you retiring? do you want to be busy, do you want to be active in a sport or hobby? etc etc do you want to live somewhere near good hospital, school, a little bit of culture etc,etc. do you intend to drive out here?? I live on the edge of Antalya we have very good local community with some expats not to many though so we are not in an "enclave" I always advise my clients to think about all of these things first, I do not rush them off to buy a villa. So I am going to say the same to you here and if you are near Earls court this weekend come in and see me and talk some more and I still will not try to sell you a villa, but i will offer you advice.

best of luck with it though and I hope you find what you are looking for.

bryn
i echo bryn.... it is very difficult to work and be prosperous in Turkey. If the beaurocrats don't kill you then the hours will. There is no state support system and wages are not always paid. work permits and residency are expensive as well as restrictive. Try renting a place for a year to get the "feel" of Turkey. Keep your money in the bank. you get 15% interest at the moment. be careful of buying a business, especially a partnership. The market place is very cut-throat. Turkey can be a paradise but beware of many pitfalls. What you see on holiday is not what you get when you live here. try to contact as many people as you can before you burn your bridges.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SOUND ADVICE, MY HUSBAND HAS RETIRED I AM 62, STILL WORKING, PART TIME NURSE, LIKE TO KEEP ACTIVE.
THINK BEST IDEA IS TO RENT FOR SOME TIME AS YOU SAY MAY NOT REALLY LIKE TO BE THERE FULL TIME, AT LEAST MONEY STILL MOUNTING UP IN THE BANK. :thanks
*Edit Please do not post with your caps lock on - Glynis*
agree 100% with chelsea boy!!!!
Joan

If you get out here come and look at Antalya not in the city but on the edge of it..Why? because it has all the cultuural activities like cinema in english, sports events etc, it has modern hospitals, it has events in the winter, the cafes and rstaurants are all year open, the airport is all year open, you are 30km from resorts and have a beach here. but still dont forget the previous advice on this posting.

Bryn
i have lived in Alanya for almost 9 years and love it. but the advice given here is sound. Renting to get the feel of a place is something i often tell our customers...i am in the business of selling property too. but like Bryn we don't push people .. its a big decision buying and relocating.
BUT best place is ALAnya :D its flat, clean, modern has all year facilities.. apart from the discos..but does have some turkish music bars great fun 8) 140 kilometres from the airprt on a good road.
Yep both me and Shirley are in the same business but the difference is she can spell!!! apologies for my previous efforts but I was tired, but i think readers will get the gist.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.