Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi toots

Can't answer exactly, but my son reckons it's not very likely as the hotels buy cheap TVs without scart sockets etc.

last summer in Menorca we couldn't even plug our digital camera into our room TV to look at our photos!

You might be able to hire one!?

I spotted a firm in a Los Gigantes brochure http://www.dtpictures.net perhaps you could find some other places nearer where you'll be staying?

What about taking a game boy console instead?

Hope this helps
Can't speak for the Parque Santiago III, but every hotel we've stayed at in Tenerife has had a TV with a Scart socket, which has meant we could connect a Playstation or portable DVD player.

As Acorncup says, it all depends on the quality/age of the TV as to whether it has one or not.
Thanks for your replies, Ill take the risk and let you know if it works when I get back! :D
hi my sons ps2 was conecter to our old portable tv which did not have a scart socket you use a cable that conects into the areal socket and you have to tune the tv in to find the ps2 dont know if this makes much sense but i know it worked whitout a scart lead
just another tip is that you could buy one of those screens that you fit onto the ps2 which would mean you dont have to have a tv- only a plug socket. you can get them from argos i think.
As said above you can just plug the PS into the aerial socket. The PS should have come with the adapter needed

kezz
The trouble with connecting via the aerial socket is that you'll need to tune a spare channel on the TV to the PS2 output. Most hotel TV remote's deliberately don't have this function, so as to stop guests from mucking about with the settings. With the Scart connection, you simply select AV on the remote.

I think you really need someone who's been to Parque Santiago to advise if the TV's have a Scart. There's a lot of people familar with Parque Santiago on this forum, but you might be missing them with your thread heading. Might be worth starting a new one called "Parque Santiago TV query" or similar.

The PS2 plus controllers and AC adaptor is a fairly heavy bit of kit and you wouldn't want it taking up valuable packing space unnecessarily !!
We just got back last month from Santiago 3, we travelled with First Choice.
Had a fab holiday.
We had UK gold, BBC1, Eurosports, Sky Sports and Sky News, and a cartoon channel for english channels.
We tried to use a portable dvd player with the tv and it was impossible, so doubt you will be able to use a playstation.
Hope this helps.
You are all absolute angels, I was told that there were NO British channels, so the last post has answered all my questions...........I WONT NEED ONE!!!!! As I said, it was really just to pass a bit of time with our son if the weather was bad, or if we came back early and fancied chilling out with a bit of mindless TV.

THANK YOU SO MUCH.....I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!! :D :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.