Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
The question you have to ask yourself is "did the rest of your holiday meet expectations" if so take the cash and put it towards another holiday for 09.
Only you can make the decision whether this is enough and as Quatarman pointed out, it depends on whether it did "really" spoil your holiday.

Personally, I would be more than happy with the offer. It is 25% of your total holiday and considering they usually operate under the pretence that 60% of your holiday cost is the flight element you're not going to get a lot more.

Mark :)
Sounds like a good move!! We went to Mexico before the beach was washed away and as lovely as it was, if I had been offered an identical holiday minus the beach for £1000 less, it would have been a great deal.

Pam :)
If the beach was there would you have used it much?

If the beach is gone and you wanted a beach holiday then I don't think £1000 is enough but if you were only going to spend a couple of days on the beach then I think £1000 is a decent offer!

The fact that all other companies told their guests gives you a very good case in court!
I know a lot of money would be for the flight but the flight becomes irrelivant if you're not getting what you want at the end of it!
You could always have word with Ross Fernihough who would be in a better position to advise whether the £ 1000 is a decent offer.

Mark :)
Hi, yes we used the beach all the time, hence that why we booked through Thomas Cook Trropical Shores book, you had to be up at 6am to get any chance of a bed by the pool,with there being no beach everyone tried to get here.
I'd definitely speak to Ros first she is the one who is qualified to say if the offer is fair. My thoughts are that if they are offering first £350 voucher then upped it to £1000 cash they know they are in the wrong.

Definitely speak to Ros first.
hi,

who is ros? a few people have mentioned her and what does she do ???
Ros is a travel law solicitor who often assists our members. She is well known to the Tour Operators ;) Ros will offer you free advice.

Her contact details are

The direct number to Ros's PA Pam is 01922 705134 (if the phone continually rings then use the switchboard number)

Switchboard number 01922 633214 and ask for Travel Dept.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.