Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just thought I'd give a quick review of my flights from LGW to MBA:
Outbound - TOM076 LGW to MBA 05/10/09- flight was delayed by half an hour but this wasn't a problem. Once onboard, the extra legroom seats in 20A & 20B were very spacious. Hubby had lots of room to stretch his legs out. Cabin crew only made 2 drinks runs in just over 9 hours which wasn't too good & I had to go to the rear galley to get more water. Food wasn't very nice, we both had the chicken & then breakfast was a pain au chocolat, yoghurt with juice & tea or coffee. Very glad we went to M & S to stock up on sandwiches & fruit before going through to departures.

Inbound - TOM077 MBA to LGW 20/10/09 - check in was very long & were given the same seats that I'd pre-booked. However, once on board, we realised it was a different layout to the outbound flight & 20A & B weren't extra legroom. My hubby tried to sit in the seat & couldn't as there wasn't enough room for his legs.
Spoke to a member of the cabin crew who asked the couple in 28C & D if they'd paid for extra legroom. They advised they hadn't, so he moved them to ours straight away & gave us these 2 seats.
Cabin crew were far better on this flight & worked very hard in offering drinks runs etc. Food was a hot breakfast & then afternoon tea an hour and a half before landing.
The only thing we did notice was that people did try to use our legroom as a place to cut across to the other aisle, despite being asked not to by the crew.

Overall we were very impressed with the flights, as we haven't used charter airlines in a long time & will be using them again for Orlando next year :) The only thing I would do if booking extra legroom seats again, would be to not pre-book the actual seat numbers just in case they change aircraft.
what type of aircraft do Thomson fly to Cuba ? Might have to change our holiday plans, thanks to Thomas Cook, and might end up going with Thomson.
gobofraggle,

gobofraggle wrote:
The only thing I would do if booking extra legroom seats again, would be to not pre-book the actual seat numbers just in case they change aircraft.

That's One thing I Always Think, If You Pay For The Extra Legroom, Don't Then Book Specific Seats As Thomsons Have A Few Different Layouts Of Aircraft And It Can Sometimes Cause Problems, Although Luckily Not In Your Case

Gower
g0bby-1

Welcome :wave:

Flights With Thomsons To Cuba Are Operated By Boeing 767-300 Aircraft. More Information Can Be Found On Our What Aircraft? Thread

Gower
Thanks for that. Has anybody any feedback about these flights to Cuba please, or am I looking in the wrong place ?
g0bby-1,

There Is Much Information If You Look Back Through This Thread.

Thomson Airways Operate With A 33" Seat Pitch In Economy (36" In Premium). There Is Seat back IFE Through Out The Aircraft. In My Oppinion Thomson Airways Are The Best For Longhaul Flights.

Gower
Gowerl7, thanks for that.Will have a scan through.Wan't sure what their long haul reputation was. Having to check alternatives out, as Thomas Cook have pulled our flight to Cuba next April.
g0bby-1,

Thomson Airways Are Defenatly Up In The Top With Thomas Cook

Gower
g0bby-1,

welcome onboard :tup
You'll find my extensive trip reports linked from the What Aircraft? guide Gower provided the link to above. You should find everything you need in them but if not, we're here to help.

Darren
Hi,
From my previous posts my flight birmingham/montego bay 3rd dec tom642/643 will be a ex thomson 767-304ER. When i look at the what aircraft guide it shows that it is a former shorthaul plane? :que Sorry i'm abit confused, how many seats does the plane have and which seating plan is it on what aircraft guide?
Thanx for your help
Beckijs,

Your flight is operated by a long haul configured aircraft. There are 4 variations on the 767 fleet which is why it looks a little confusing. The one you'll be on is the 283 seat, long haul configured former Thomsonfly aircraft. The seating plan is here.

Darren
Hi all,
I am looking forward to fly on a former FirstChoice 767 hopefully during the winter season and would be grateful if you could tell me what routes these birds 'normally' will be flown between Dec 2009 and March 2010.
As I live outside the U.K., I am searching for flights either out of Gatwick or Manchester.
On my searches I found a topic that routes out of LGW/MAN are mostly TOM birds whereas other U.K. airports are served by former FCA birds. Probably this has changed for the winter season ?
Thanks for your help.
Yours,
SeekingFCA. :)
SeekingFCA,

Welcome onboard :tup
I don't have the aircraft base list at the moment, i'll get it at the beginning of November for the winter season if you want to ask again then. It'll be a mix of former First Choice and Thomson Airways aircraft operating long haul routes. What is happening in the summer has no bearing on the winter as things will change. Maybe BY-TOM-AMM-FCA can provide more information. Although most prefer the former FCA aircraft, the TOM aircraft still offer a good level of service.

Darren
SeekingFCA,

Welcome :wave:

First Choice 767-300's Have Been Mainly Used At Gatwick And The Regional Airports During The Summer. With Only One ex Thomsonfly Operating Longhaul Routes From Manchester.
The Aircraft On A 767 Route Are All Subject To Change. If You Could Give Us Some Indication As To Where You Wish To Fly, Then We Could Check For That Route Rather Than Trying To List Them All Here

Gower

Edit: Darren Just Beat Me "Again"!
Hi Gower,
thanks for your reply. I am interested in going to SFB / CUN / MLE between Jan-Mar 2010 (flying out of LGW or MAN).
Sincerely, yours,
SeekingFCA
Good evening Darren,

I was hoping you'd be able to confirm that flights TOM 374/5 (BHX-CUN) departing on 21st December 2009, and returning on 5th January 2010 are still operated by the ex-first choice 767's during the winter season?

Furthermore, as this would be our first long-haul trip; I was hoping you'd be able to give us a little more information regarding economy class on Thomson Airways, as unfortunately it's too late to upgrade to star class premier. In addition, can you recommend any good window seats behind the wing, and would these change depending on the different aircraft in the fleet - I'm aware G-OOAN differs slightly to the other ex-first choice and ex-Thomsonfly aircraft in the fleet; would this affect the layout inside?

Kind regards,

2morrows Pilot 2day

P.S. On the 767-300, are any windows "plugged" after the wing - I'm aware several just before the wing are - air conditioning pipes if I remember correctly?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.