Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Only the Celebration in the Red Sea is on sale at the moment for 09/10. The rest go on sale on 18 December. The Island Escape will be doing the Canaries route. This is a different style of cruising, so not exactly a direct substitute for the Celebration, but that is all they will have in that area. The other ship, Destiny, will be in the Caribbean, the same as this winter.
thanks for the reply, do you think thomson will still offer early booking all inclusive on the island cruise itinery. do you think island ship isnt as nice as celecration? its our 1st family cruise and we dont have anything much to compare with ( i have been on celebration and ventura overnight but thats all)
They are offering free all inclusive in the Red Sea, but only on certain dates, which seem to be off peak. So they may well do the same on the other two ships.

I have not been on either the Celebration or the Island Escape. However the Berlitz guide book does give the Island ship fewer points, which gives the impression that it is not as good a ship overall. But I have read reviews where people have said they prefer Island because they like the casual, no formal nights, all buffet, style. I think it depends on your personal taste, but you must be prepared for them to be different. Try reading reviews on here, on http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk and on http://www.cruise.co.uk and you will get a feel for the difference.
Page 62 of the new Thomson cruise brochure says free all inclusive upgrade offer on Canary cruises aboard Island Escape (all dates). Presume this will be limited to a certain number of upgrades though rather than an unlimted offer.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.