Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Tommyboy/Dazbo,

Any stansted flight will be operated by either 737-800 or A320. Which one you'll be on is anyones guess.
We are flying TOM382 from birmingham to barbados on 30/12/09 an ocean village charter any information regarding the type of plane and seating appreciated
You'll be on a 767 which has a 2-3-2 layout in premium and a 2-4-2 layout in economy. Seat pitch is either 37" or 33" respectively.

If you want to track delays prior to your flight, the aircraft operates TOM 0285 Punta Cana, Domincan Republic- Birmingham
Hi again everyone, its been a while but I wondered if BY-TOM-AMM-FCA knew Nov-Dec IFE and menu for Manchester - Punta Cana in premium.
Also how long does it take Thomsons to deal with a compensation claim on flight problems usually. I've had a response that they are looking into my complaint about 3 weeks ago.
Many thanks
Deana
deana
Thomsons will take as long as they possibly can before they have to reply (28 days). If you don't get the response you want and write again they then have another 28 days. (They are just like the rest of us and avoid parting with money at all costs ;)
thanks sunaddict, I've rang them and they've just told my that I should get a reply within the next week. (that's their 28 days up). Wish me luck ;)
:) My first post, so go easy on me! I have looked on the "what aircraft guide already and have seen that we should be on an ex thomson fly aircraft for Gatwick - Cancun on 12th November.

We have chosen to sit in the bulkhead seats in their premium section and were just wondering if there is any difference in room compared to the economy bulkhead seats. Also, whether the room available in the bulkheads is better or worse than that of a normal row seat in premium? I have read that some airlines cut out the bottom of the wall so that you are able to stretch your legs the same as you would under a seat normally but also that some people do not like the bulkhead row...

I am a very very (very very) nervous flyer and I have never flown with Thomson Airways but I am hoping that it will be a pleasant journey.

Thank you,
Adrian
You'll actually be on an ex-FC aircraft, the bulkhead seats in premium are not as good as those seats in economy as the wall isn't cut away like they are at row 14.

I would suggest any row apart from these.

Your flight will be fine, it is very relaxing in premium and the crew have more time to spend with customers, let them know if you want to the crew will be happy to explain anything that worries you.

Have a great time.
phoenix2k,

Welcome onboard :tup
I've flown with Thomson Airways and their predecessors many times, and are again in March. You'll be fine and have pleasant flights. If you have any particular reservations about your flight or anything that's worrying you, we have a Fear of Flying topic where we can try and explain what's going on to help put your mind at rest before your flight.

Darren
Just booked MAN-GOI premium seats on 23rd November.Have to say what an excellent new service it is that now links you straight into the seating plan where you can book your seats.Free of charge for premium passengers.

Well done Thomson.

Now all I need to know is where TOM158 has been before my flight so I can keep an eye on any delay.Thanks in advance

Papa

Reposted.Now that November is nearly upon us wondered if the schedules were available yet.

Thanks
Papa
Papa,

We Will Know Within The Next Week

Gower
papa

I have just looked as I have access already. Your aircraft is scheduled to do nothing on the 22nd apart from having a nice well deserved rest on the 22nd.

Its worth mentioning, this first week of winter is not the best to go by, as an ex-Thomsonfly 76W (G-OBYD) will be doing some of the flights that for the remainer of the season will be carried out by an ex-First Choice aircraft, it will then go over and do a lot of work for Tuifly Nordic to Thailand and Egypt over the winter season(YD, that is)

The last flight I can see that it will operate will be TOM119 BGI-MAN on the 21st (landing 22nd) so there will be 32(ish) hours between flights, more than enough for any expected/unexpected delays.
Hello, I'm flying Gatwick to Cancun 26 Jan TOM74 and returning 5 Feb TOM69. Please could you let me know if they will be ex First Choice or ex Thomsonfly? Thankyou
Ex First Choice 767,

It should operate TOM039 Puerto Plata-Gatwick, beforehand (to keep an eye on any delays)
Firstly many thanks to Dazbo, BY-TOM-AMM-FCA, Gower etc who have enabled me to make a choice on seats on my ex First Choice 767 to Cancun on Tom092 (as well as working out the plane and seating config).

As I do through my work on the railway I always know the fleet diagrams to enable me to know if my departure will be late due to an inbound working and my only question is a simple one - Could you let me know the inbound flight that works TOM092?

Many Thanks

Gavin
Gav678,

Welcome :wave:

I am glad you have alreado been able to find some useful information.

Could you please give the date of your flight?

Many Thanks

Gower
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.