Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Thanks for that. I can't imagine my husband sitting on a coach for four hours. I think Marrakesh will have to be a separate trip.

:lol:
:D
Hi Sue
we are also going on our first cruise to celebrate my 50th birthday which is 14th feb, this is ideal as we sail on 11th which is also school half term.
I am so glad I found this site it is so useful, as I have written above I feel as I know the ship already and any queries I have can be answered by somebody who knows
I think we will have a great time don't you?
She86
:yipee
:D Yes I rather think we will!
Just about to book our first ever cruise on Spirit Fortunate Isles. Got some concern re comments about same old moans about sun-bed availability.
Will it really be as bad as the hotel problem ? Also would value advice whether it is worth paying Xtra for De-Luxe against Deck 3/4 outside cabin.[b][/b]
Hi Airlink and welcome to HT!

I have edited the title of your post to attract a better response. There is some information on the Colourful Coasts which goes to the same ports here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11692

It can be difficult to get a sunbed on the day at sea unless you are up reasonably early, however there are usually beds to be found on the higher decks above the Sun Deck.

Cannot comment on the deluxe cabins. We have a cabin on Deck 3 and were very happy with it.

If you use the Search facility at the top of the page you will find a lot of info on the Spirit or by clicking here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/search.php

HTH

luci :wave
Hi Airlink

Personally, I'd prefer deck 3/4, you get a nice clear view. Higher decks might have obstructions or noise from the nightclub etc.
We had a Fortunate Isle cruise on deck 7 and hired a "day cabin" on deck 4 on leaving day but didn't see a lot of difference in the actual cabins. The shows and deck barbeque's were the highlight of our trip
Also, we've heard that you're actually better off lower down if the sea is a bit rough, and it can be between the islands and Agadir :oops:

have a wonderful cruise -
sunnybay
One Star Member

8 HTPoints

Posted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:10 pm Post subject: 5 weeks to the Spirt Canaries cruise

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just counting down the days. It will be such a treat to do this cruise and hopefully have some sun when back home the weather is dire. 2nd time on the Spirit so know its good. Anyone have info about the trips for this cruise??

Sunnybay

suemck146
New User...

12 HTPoints

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:23 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're going on Jan 15th, can't wait. Its my husbands 50th treat and I've had to keep it a secret for months. I'm so excited! We've never been on a cruise before. I'm hoping the weather will be better too....
STEZ
New User...

2 HTPoints

Posted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:17 am Post subject: THOMPSON SPIRIT

First time cruisers not sure what to expect
Flying from Birmingham on 11th Feb to Tenerife North Airport
How long does it take to get to ship?
Is outside cabin 1or2 at top of ship or down below?
Not sure whether a silly question do they have snooker or pool tables?
We are in our 40s like modern music and Motown Whats the disco like?

Edit - Please do not post with CAPS lock on - luci, HT Mod
transferred from another topic

sidewinder
new user...

2 htpoints

posted: thu jan 13, 2005 9:21 am post subject: all the info you can supply ??

my wife and i are cruising on the thomson spirit, well a cruise and stay from 1st april to 16th april 2005

the info i can gather from this fantastic site is all really useful. any other guidence offered would be great ..

we are staying the 1st week in tenerife at the florida hotel .

the 2nd week aboard the thomson spirit (we have never cruised before)

"the cruise is the colouful coasts"

its our silver wedding anniversary , so any help offered.... recieved with thanks

regards

mark
HI EVERYONE.
Any one who has been on a Thomson cruise to Morocco.Did you have any injections ,to go there.
I am going in Feb 05.My doctors surgery has said i need a minimum,of at least Diptheria/Tetanus/Polio.I will only be there for 10 hours,and will be eating and drinking on the ship.
The Moroccan Embassy,recommends,but they are not compulsory.

Any info,will be welcome.
William
Hi William

I normally advise people to get the recommended vaccinations for a destination. However I wouldn't on this occasion due to the short time you are ashore and the fact that you wouldn't be eating or drinking there.

Personally I wouldn't even recommend going ashore at Agadir unless you are prepared to be hassled. I certainly would advise against going there on your own. If you really want to visit I would take one of the organised excursions.

HTH

Hi, we are going on this cruise on 18th. Feb. not really keen on doing organised trips.
Have done some research and know we want to do the cable car in Madeira, can anyone give any ideas if what to do and where to go in any of the other ports please?
Thanks.
HI LUCI.
Thanks,for that info.No i am not going to have any injections.The receptionist,at the surgery said i would feel worse,after them,especially,as you say,for such a short time there.
Once again thank you.Both for this info,and the work both yourself,and the other Moderators,are doing for the forum..

William.
Transferred from a separate topic

gburns
New User...

4 HTPoints

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:11 pm Post subject: First time going on cruise - thompson spirit - 11th feb!

Hiya

Me, my wife, and my 2 daughters, one 16 one 14 are going on thompson spirit colourful coasts cruise on the 11th feb!

we have been looking at photos and they look superb!

Is anyone else going on the cruise? or has been on it?

Feel free to give me advice, i havent ever been on a cruise before!

Cheers,
George from Southampton
Transferred from a separate topic

gburns
New User...

4 HTPoints

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:14 pm Post subject:

Hiya sorry me again!

We are a bit confused with what to wear in the evenings, my daughters want to no if your allowed things like denim skirts? or is this not formal enough? hmm!

Cheers
george
Hi George and welcome to HT!

Your daughter will be fine with a denim skirt in the evening. People tend to dress up a bit on the formal evening, otherwise smart casual is fine.

If you type "Spirit" in the Search facility at the top of the page you will find all previous posts on the ship.

HTH

Found another cruise review site. Four reviews on the Spirit. None for Colourful coasts yet.

http://www.reviewcentre.comreviews34456.html

Happy cruising all, sounds good to me!
Oops, I forgot to mention out Cruise Reviews where there are several of the Spirit. They can be accessed via the link at the top of the page or by clicking here:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/cruise-reviews/

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.