Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi, I have been on both and enjoyed both the cruises. I prefer the spirit because of the open dining options. The destiny is a great ship and I am sure you will enjoy it. However if fixed time dining, and sharing a table with others is not what you like then I would always choose the Spirit
I have been on both. I enjoyed both cruises, but i enjoyed the Spirit better. My reasons are that the Spirit has a better buffet restaraunt, it has an al a carte, the sky bar was a proper bar with entertainment on every evening, and the washing and ironing facilities on every deck. The cabins were brighter and the general feel of the ship just seemed better even tho it is smaller. The al a carte was really nice, and well worth the cover charge. I also enjoyed the Destiny, but if both the ships were going to the same places then i would chose the Spirit. We all have different opinions but i think a lot of people who have been on both tend to prefer the Spirit, this is based on my conversations with them. The lido on the Destiny was not very welcoming and more like a canteen with fixed metal tables, and because it is only covered with white plastic to protect you from the elements then it can get really cold, so if you dont like fixed seating that is your only choice in the evening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.