Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We were on the Destiny last year and are due to go on the Spirit this year. As it was our first cruise we have nothing to compare it with. However, we went with another family who have been on the Spirit several times. I know that there were alot of problems in May when it was the first sailings as a Thomson ship but by the time we went in August they had been ironed out. Yes, the cabins were very small. Our friends told us that they were bigger on the Spirit. Also apparently the top deck self service restaurant on the Spirit was better than the Destiny. We thoroughly enjoyed our first cruise. The food and entertainment was first class.The staff (apart from surly Reception staff) couldn't do enough for you.The Destiny was going in for a refit so I don't know what has been changed. Our friends wouldn't go on the Destiny again. We would.
we have also done both, and i loved them both but dont know which 1 would be favourable now,,, as hbrac said the lido on destiny was one of the things that made spirt better i think this has been part of the refit on destiny so i would say its swings and roundabouts with them now. personally i liked the destiny from the sailing point of view,( altho we had a very rough week late september and lots of people were seasick,) other things i liked some better on spirit and others better on destiny. im sure you will have a fantastic time as all other things ie staff will treat you like royalty.... AGAIN
Thanks for the reply laine :wink:
I see from reading the other thread (thomson destiny)which i started to read at about 9.30pm and finished about 1am(i went through the lot)I see you REALLY enjoy your cruising :rofl.I will certainly know where to come for my info.
Thanks again
Kerrie :wave
hi all
we have done both Spirit and Destiny and did destiny with HBrac and her family which made it really enjoyable. Both ships are great in their own ways and ideally I would have a Spirit cabin with the Destiny pool deck but there was 4 of us in thr cabin which made it feel extra small. Also the Destiny lounges are bigger than Spirit but the Lido cafe is better on Spirit
Both are great and you will have a wonderful time

We are trying the Celebration this summer - so, apart from island Breeze, we will have done all the Thomson ships :D

Curley
We will miss you all Curley Shirley but don't worry, I have the 2007 cruise all figured out for us :wink:
Hi Hbrac
well, where are we going? Do you fancy Iceland????? :lol:
The Greek Islands Shirl :lol:
Read somewhere that the Destiny is or has had a refit. Please could someone update me on this - Thanks :D
Next year's brochure offers all inclusive with Destiny but not Spirit for some reason - next year they are doing completely different itineraries, so I think that would be the deciding factor - baltic or med.

Gill
its supposed to have had the lido refitted
I've been going on the Thomson Spirit every year for the past 4 years and next year will be going on the Destiny. Which do you prefer and why? How do the two compare/differ?
We went on the Spirit this year and the Destiny last year. The food was better on the Spirit and the cabins were bigger but I preferred the sunbathing areas on the Destiny.
I agree with you Hil - both ships are great in different ways. If sunbathing by the pool is important to you, then go for the Destiny. I thought the main lounges on the Destiny are bigger but then there are more passengers too. If there are more than 2 of you in a cabin, then the Spirit cabins are bigger and they also have an open sitting at dinner which suits some people better. Personally I prefer the Spirit but had a fantastic time on the Destiny too. No help there, then :?
Shirley
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.