Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
anyone who didn't complain following this kind of service would be considered a complete muppet. If people didn't complain these companies services would get worse and worse.

They would indeed be a muppet. I have complained about poor service on holidays a number of times. On this particular cruise, however, I had no need to.

I really am glad many cruisers enjoyed themselves, but to belittle genuine cruisers with genuine problems and complaints is really annoying and distorts the real truth.

I certainly didn't want to belittle you and respect your right to air your views. I added my own experiences to provide some balance to the negative opinions being posted. It is clear some cruisers had a bad holiday and some had a good one. Neither should rubbish each other.

hopefully Thomson will be in for a right kiciking especially from Watchdog.

They already have! Watchdog stuck the boot into the Dream sometime before Christmas.
Hi Dangerman

I do agree that a balanced view is fair, aparrently Watchdog are on the case again, hopefully this will lead to the problems on ship being put right for good.

Personally I would never travel on the ship again unless it underwent a complete refit. Compaired to the other cruise we went of similer price, this was sub 3 star over the majority of the ship. I use hotels regularily and would rate it a sub 3 star as well. We only paid 900 each but many paid £1500 each which is way over the top for a low end cruise. I think Thomson have a lot of loyal customers who don't necessarily shop around, if they did they would find much better cruises with much better deals.

Just my opinion for what it's worth :yikes
We have got a good deal on the drinks package on the Thomson Dream. Does anyone know what drinks are available on the package? Does it include wine with meals ect.
They changed it last year, but I think they changed it back due to numerous complaints.

It used to include a glass of wine with your meals, but not a bottle although you could have as many glasses as you liked. It also used to include a lot of premium named drinks such as Bombay Sapphire and Smirnoff.

Hopefully someone who had been recently will have up to date information.

I shall merge this with the main Thomson Dream topic so that it may attract the attention of members who are subscribed to that topic.

luci :wave
Just got back from a cruise on the Dream :sun2 drinks as Luci says with meals enjoy.
nicmakuk.....how did you find the dream? are the ongoing complaints still valid? Did YOU have any problems whilst on board?

We have booked to sail on her for the end of August, and were promised faithfully bu the Travel agent that all of the reported problems were being addressed as the ship was in dry dock being REPAIRED as opposed to refitted......

be grateful for your opinion :)
It was my first sea cruise so cant compare to other ships, I was aprehensive after reading the recent reviews in particular the problems in the Med. However the itinerary was the reason I booked the cruise.
My experience was good, I found the ship to be clean, the food good, the crew very pleasant the entertainment varied and good. I spent quite a bit on excursions booked on board mainly for those involving activities but also went ashore to book the local site seeing trips which are considerably cheaper than those booked on the ship.
I spoke to a number of people who had been on teen on the ship in the Med and most said that the ship had been put into service too soon after being transferred from the previous owners Costa Cruises but it had not been so traumatic to prevent them re booking.
The only problem I noticed from the previous complaints was the 'smell issue' it has been said that there is a smell of sewage. I didn't smell sewage but did notice at times a chemical smell on stairwell 'B' but didn't hear any complaints from those with cabins nearby.
The only complaint I would have is that bottled water is not provided free even if you are on A.I.
I also found it strange that the sliding roof over the Sirens pool deck was not used (We did have 1 day of torrential rain)
If you accept that this ship 1s 20 odd years old and don't compare it to the Super Luxurious modern ships I think you will have a great holiday I will certainly consider it for any future cruise
Thank you very much for taking the time to answer me :D

It is very ressuring to hear your positive review, and hopefully there will be many more of these to continue the reassurance! We have travelled on thomson Cruises before, so know what to expect re the decor etc......it was more the sewage and air conditioning issues which were bothering me. As you say these do seem to be resolved and we can now look forward to our holiday :sun2 :sun2 :cheers :sun2

Thanks again xx
Hi fitzy2
We are going in June so i will post our findings then, we have been on many cruises with Thomson so know what to expect and can, i think, give a balanced report. Hopefully other cruisers will have posted by then also.
:cheers Roger
Remember to post your reviews by clicking Cruise Reviews at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Thanks Rogerdodger, I look forward to hearing your opinion! :D
For anybody wanting some shots of the THOMSON DREAM I have now posted a video slideshow on HTTV just click on the View My Media link to the left.
, its called:

CRUISING CROCS

There is also CARIBBEAN CROCS featuring ports of call
Thanks nickmacuk great shots shame about the crocs. Which cabin is photo of?

Roger :tup
nickmacuk
Thanks for all your help, we have booked just along from you on same deck, so most helpfull
Roger
Hi all

we are going on the Dream in July this year and have just received a letter from Thomson saying that our flights have been changed from early morning which we preferred to 16:50 and also NOT flying with Thomson but with Czech Airways.

I have checked on the Thomson website and our original flights for the 9th july from Manchester are still available

Has anyone else traveling to Palma or on the dream had a similar letter and is there any that can be done to change back or do we just have to accept it, i have emailed them and tried calling but it said I would be on hold for at least 30 minutes

Thanks

Steve :que
Did you get an answer Steve?

We are going on Dream on July 2nd....no flight change but the itinerary has changed
Hi Tangobunny

Yes I called in to Thomas Cook and she phoned thomson and got them changed back to original times

What has your itinerary changed to?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.