Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I have done so already and await approval from an admin :)
Many thanks for that. :tup
If you have any photos you would like to post, click on the banner at the top of the main page and log into our new media site.

luci :wave
I might have a few, I am confused as to which category to put them under, I found a Cruise Ships section that had no uploads however I can't find this category at the uploads section?
Sorry about that. It looks like it hasn't been set up properly yet. I shall bring this to Van's attention.

luci :wave
Hi Sheza...

Feel free to upload the pics into the cruise category...I will be creating ship specific categories but that is on my list of todo jobs...So if you put them up I'll move them to the correct category once I set up the ships.

Regards

Van
I've added the category for the Thomson Dream photos if you'd like to upload directly into that category.
I'll be adding further vessels and resorts over the coming days.

Van
Just a quick one to say that we had a brilliant week on the Dream (10 - 17 August) and had no problems at all. There are a few minor issues (occasional smell of drains along the corridor for example) but nothing that should stop anyone from enjoying their cruise. I'll write a full review when I get some time but at the moment, my message to anyone still to travel on the Dream is to stop worrying and just enjoy yourselves!
Danger Man, it looks like you experienced the same as I did the week before you sailed :)
Hi Sheza - it looks that way. We spoke to quite a few people who had been on the Dream the week before we arrived. They commented that there had been a couple of problems and that Tunisia had to be missed due to essential repairs. However none of them was angry about it and hadn't let it affect their enjoyment of their cruise. It pays to be philosophical about things and accept that sometimes things do go wrong.
Just an FYI - Watchdog on BBC1 are doing a show about the Dream next Thursday. I expect it to be heavily biased about the bad parts of the ship, failing to mention how awesome the staff are, among other things that are great about the ship.
It will high light what I and many others experianced on board i hope.

Thomson Dream should have been taken into dry dock and got all problems sorted straight away.

It is nice to no it is better than what it was but its still a far cry from the LUXURY Crusie liner.
I for one will be watching it. :que
Apparently :que The Thomson Dream is to be featured on watchdog....BBC1 at 8 pm tonight........I for one will be watching eagerly....to see whether my cancellation costs were worth the while LOL (we cancelled Dream and re booked on to the destiny) :clap
OOOPS sorry...just seen the post above which also suggests it will be featured......Sorreeeee :duh
Haha no probs :P
I eagerly await the show because my time on the dream wasn't bad at all.
I eagerly await it too! because I really wanted to go on the Dream as it looked far superior to the other Thomson ships......sadly I succumbed to the pressure and cancelled.....but that's not to say i wont sail on her next year! Watch this space! :cheers :sun2
Did anyone see the Watchdog programme? Interested to see what everyone thinks. I think the cabin featured may have been mine including the dirty mattress which they did change for us for another dirty mattress! note Tony Guy did confirm that when it goes into dty dock October this is NOT for refurbishment.
I forgot the programme was on but will try and catch it on iPlayer. Watchdog likes to focus on the bad points as this is what makes good TV so I doubt it will be very informative; my own experiences on the Dream were all good ones.
Just watched the program on iplayer and as suspected it didnt show the boat in a very good light.

I was exceedling upset they screened the bit from Steven Guy the cruise director :cry as I expect now Thomson will clamp down on staff talking to joe public, that was one of the things I love about the thomson cruises was the whole family feel you had with the staff, at the end of the evening you could sit with a drink with any of them (even the captain) and have a good old chin wag.

Yes it looks like the Dreams not been kept quite as good as the others, but then Celebration and Spirit are also old tubs and have been used by many other companies before Thomson got hold of them but when ever I've been on them they are always keeping them in tip top condition. Yes on every trip we've been on we have seen the odd "issue" on Spirit and Celeb, from drains to a/c failures but we've never had it happen to ourselves, but then we look at the fact we've paid about about a 1/3 of what other cruises cost so it would have too be REALLY bad for us to complain ;)
Fur
I received an offer from Thomsons of £330 off any future holiday/cruise which we have accepted, (now booked a holiday to Egypt in Jan, not a cruise, ;-0 )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.