Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Qatarman,

See what you mean. Have found these on the internet -

http://tinyurl.com/289uwh and

http://tinyurl.com/yre6qo

Looks like an airline to avoid, but how can you when behind your back Thomsonfly sub contract?

I wonder if anyone has any more ideas now we know more of the story?

Best of luck,

Peter
I think that a lot depends on knowing more about why they sub-contracted the flight. There was the suggestion earlier that it was because this aircraft was chartered at short notice to get passengers home rather than have a longer delay as a result of the original plane developing technical problems.

Speaking personally, if that was the case I think I might have been inclined to put it down to 'just one of those things that happen' and I would always prefer to get to my destination as quickly as possible rather than hang around waiting for a better plane to be found. I never find or expect airline food to be appetising or that edible anyway and having flown with Cubana I'm probably pretty used to slow cabin service and never bother with the in-flight entertainment preferring a good book and my own music. But we all prioritise these things differently.

SM
No SMa, he got it both ways. Looks as if Thomsonfly are making a habit of sub-contracting their flights to this very poor airline.

It's not just a matters of the expected in-flight entertainment not being there, or the food being not too good which is always a contentious matter of opinion. It's a decrepit aircraft in need of major overhaul and an incompetent crew by all accounts.

Now that's worrying.

Peter
Hi Peter,
Thank you for the info on Hola that was from Doncaster as well????
It seems some people cannot read,the bottom line is the subcontracted carrier was used for the WINTER period so Thomsonfly could service their own planes,I posted so other users of the Doncaster to Larnaca and on the other routes this plane was serving will not be getting what they pay for a Thomsonfly plane.
For SMa, I have flom Aeroflot.Air China and some other rubbish also but I payed for Thomsonfly as my tickets showed not a third rate poorly staffed plane.
I stopped booking with Thomson after an inflight shambles. I particularly did not like the fact that nobody could actually be bothered to respond to my complaint and I got a standard reply. I decided at that point that I wouldn't waste any more time simmering over it BUT that I would never use them again.Thing is, if the reply had shown them taking some responsibility for anything, even without offering compensation, I might have booked again in the future.
Hi Fiona,
Our problem is we like the Thomson Gold Hotels so we are stuck with them,
I know that they have gone back since the early days of Brittania but I would think providing a decent plane even if its a temp charter would not be too difficult.
Our problem is we like the Thomson Gold Hotels so we are stuck with them,

Not necessarily qatarman check the net as the 3 Thomson Gold hotels in Cyprus can all be booked independantly, then just arrange your own flight. :wink:
Having checked in May while there I was told Thomsons had bought all the rooms ( Tasia Maris Beach) so the only way was to book though Thomsons.
I've sent the hotel an email :wink:
qatarman - I had a thought and have been over to Thomson website to check it out.

It will let me book Tasia Maris Sands Beach Hotel Nissi Beach, Cyprus (Larnaca) on an accommodation only basis for May this year. Total for 2 people B&B from Hotel :

£763.00 Sub-Total
£763.00 Online Discount -£28.00
Total: £735.00

Accommodation Tasia Maris Sands Beach Hotel

Destination: Cyprus (Larnaca)

Resort: Nissi Beach

Check-in: 27/05/2007

Check-out: 10/06/2007

Duration: 14 nights

Board Basis: Bed & Breakfast

Rooms selected: Twin room

Next year it's saying 'no' but that may be as it's too early to book that far ahead.

Might be worth you trying this route in the future. Go to their website choose hotels and put in your dates no flights needed. Hope this may help for your future holidays.
Hi Glynis,
We have visited the Tasia maris Beach 11 times and really enjoy the hotel we will be back in sept but not next year. our 40th so its change time.
I have a suspicion my mum and sister went on this aircraft to Majorca last Thursday. Not spoken to them, but my mum spent the first day drafting her letter of complaint to Thomson.
Hi daveyip,
Please post if it was the same plane as we were told that it would be being replaced after our return trip.
What really bugs me is we had already booked Doncaster in September back to Larnaca,I hpoe it has changed by then.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.