Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Let us know how you get on. I have experienced awful customer care from Thomson recently hope my holiday is a better experience.CBG
I have looked at the Thompson website, and see nothing that promises in-flight entertainment on any particular flight. It's all carefully worded along the lines of -

in-flight services will vary depending on the length and route of the journey ..............

on some longer flights, we have on-board entertainment ........

on some shorter high frequency routes, we are unable to provide in-flight entertainment ...........

It's rather vague, I wouldn't know what to expect on a flight from Doncaster to Larnaca.

The food served on flights is never going to please everyone, and tastes and opinions are always going to vary. Verily is it said that one person's meat is another's poison!

Peter
Totally agree with you Peter but as a Thomson customer for the past 20+yrs the inflight service is now woeful.
This was a chartered plane and I have other complaints as the that but the food was even by airline standards a disgrace.As for inflight entertainment for the past 15yrs flying to Cyprus we have had some sort of entertainment.
Ah,
So it wasn't a thompsonfly operated aircraft, but one leased to them? Who were the actual operators of the flight? Do not get me wrong, Thompson still have the responsibility of ensuring the quality of those airlines/aircraft they lease, but it will be useful to know who they were.

Cheers,
Jet
Hi it was Hola Airlines
Perhaps your flight details indicated that you would be flying with Hola Airlines ie HOA123 as opposed to the Thomson flight number of TOM123. If you still have your original invoice your flight code should be shown on there.
Hello Glynis,
our flight details are Tom5747/Tom5748
Like all complaints it's a matter of what you were promised in writing in the brochure, on a website, or confirmed on the invoice, versus what you got.

If you have it in writing, have a word with Ros or your local trading standards.

Peter
It looks like Thomson had a technical problem with the aircraft and so chartered an aircraft in in order to avoid a lengthy delay. When this is done at the last minute then catering does tend to suffer. They would feel it more important to get the passengers away ASAP rather than wait for aircraft with an IFE system.

This was unlucky for you that there was a technical problem and obviously wouldnt be typical of Thomsons inflight service as the aircraft was Hola Airlines. This would have been to keep any delay toa minimum.

Kind Regards
Stewart Wilkie
Are you sure there aren't bigger things to worry about than airline food. In my experience its always rubbish but its an expected part of the flight!!

I see it on a par with hospital food.
coopster,
I didnt see you on the flight and the food is not my only complaint,but if you are prepared to pay for rubbish be my guest,as for hospital food wouldnt know never been in.For your info there are more complaints than you could shake a stick at never seen so many complaints as on that flight and the return yesterday was just as bad.Sue there are bigger things to worry about so you can also agree with that.
Many airlines now charge for food, so it should be up to a standard. The worst food i have had was on a BA flight to and from Rome. A sandwich that was so soggy you could have wrung it out. :( But i suppose it was included in the price, even if the price wasnt a cheap one!
Like I said its an expected part of the flight, there may have been other things about the flight that were not up to par but to specify the food makes it sound that that was the worst thing about it. I've never had a decent bit of grub on a plane yet but certainly wouldn't post on the internet about it.

Now should they start advertising as "food by Egon Ronay" then I may start to think differently. :wink:
I think that you can expect to have an in-flight meal on a flight to Cyprus, it is over 4 hours after all. If you are booking a flight only with Thomson they charge £12.00 per adult for the meal and I assume it is the same for a package holiday too.

However, they state the following in their T & C's regarding flights:

2.2 SUB-CHARTERS
On occasions, it may be necessary for another carrier to operate a flight on our behalf under our Airline Designator Code, by way of a sub-charter. Our Conditions of Carriage will nevertheless apply to such carriage.

And:

9.2 CANCELLATION, REROUTING, DELAYS, ETC.
9.2.1 We will take all necessary measures to avoid delay in carrying you and your baggage. In the exercise of these measures and in order to prevent a flight cancellation, in exceptional circumstances we may arrange for a flight to be operated on our behalf by an alternative carrier and/or aircraft.

And finally, under Booking Conditions:

We do not accept any responsibility for the service supplied by any supplier or Carrier, other than Thomsonfly, and make no representation or warranty in respect of the products featured on this site.

I had to look hard for this info but as I work for a TO myself, I knew it would be there.

At best, you should get an apology and may be able to claim back the cost of the meals. Let us know how you get on.

Louise
Coopster,
You might not post on the internet about the state of the food but this is a Holiday forum and it tells other users what the state of play is on the service they can expect when paying for an item.
I bet if you go to your local Fish and Chip shop and get under cooked fish and chips you would accept them and walk away I think not.
So please dont start assuming as to what was and wasnt the worst part of the flight.
So qatarman what have you decided to do?
You've had a couple of replies, some of which are obviously not to your liking, but replies nevertheless.

Perhaps if you could tell us the other bad bits of the flight we could help you more?

Louise
Hi loubychew.
I have sent a letter to Thomsonfly with my complaints and concerns on the flight I will post when I recive a reply.
What exactly are you complaining about, please? What does this mean? -

For your info there are more complaints than you could shake a stick at never seen so many complaints as on that flight and the return yesterday was just as bad.

We know about the food and lack of an in-flight film, what else was wrong, please?

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.