Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
tiger temple
8 Posts
I queried this when I went to Tiger Temple last year, the people there informed me no drugs had been used on the tigers at all and it was just 'they are very hot and tired' however I was far from convinced. They were all completely out cold, it wasn't even a very hot day and they were all enclosed in the shade.

not on drugs? pull the other one...

:roll:
it is such a shame isn't it Jack?
has just turned into a tourist trap, I had longed to visit here and was dissapointed , the tigers must be drugged I am sure.
Interesting that the tigers at the back of the canyon were the ones that people could not have photos taken with and they did seem very alert.

They are my favourite animals in the world but I just felt this place wasn't
'right'
we visited the tiger temple on our recent holiday to thailand, we got some amazing photos and had a really good day, went with a local guide and also visited the bridge over the river kwai.

i am not sure what to make of this temple really, i don't know if i think the tigers were drugged in some way or if its just that we find it difficult to believe that the tigers would behave this way with humans, if that makes sense.

i did however read this page on the internet prior to visiting,
http://www.tigertemple.co.uk/story it makes interesting reading from an ex rspca worker.
made an interesting read, but still not sure, the little cubs in the tiny concrete cage with rotten meat was really quite upsetting, of course everyone has the right to thier own opinion , love shirley
Just as an addendum to the above, I came across this which was interesting reading http://friskodude.blogspot.com/

I don't think anything can compare to Bukittingi Zoo in Sumatra which ran out of money once the tourists stopped going. Pretty horrendous stuff.
I have a photo taken with a cub at Fantasia in Phuket. I have to say this baby was the most magnificence animal I have ever held... I could feel it's strength and every muscle whilst I held it like a baby and fed it from a 'titty bottle'. I would not do it again as I don't know what was in the bottle, as all I know if it wanted to claw me it 'could' and rip me to shreds.
travelling sam, thankyou , very interesting and just what I thought, it is awful really , they are so beautiful too, the 2 lion cubs are the same ones I mentioned, I would not advise anyone to visit there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.