Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
tingaki
33 Posts
Hi going in july any help on best places to eat or where to go with the children 5 and 13. Kos town isn't that far away would it be better to eat here or stay in tingaki. Also any places not to eat !!!!!! :lol:
If you have a car then vary it, tingaki is nice but quite small, lovely beach.

Kos is much more cosmoplitan and some nice places to eat, also a few lttle ruins which maybe of a little interest to strioll around after dinner.

There is a water park on the other side of Kos.

Kind Regartds
Stewart
stayed in Tingaki a few years ago. Although it's quite small there are plenty of restaurants along one of the roads. We stayed for a fortnight and didn't have a bad meal once although we varied our eateries. Must have tried about 10 of the restaurants and then went back to one or two of our favourites. Without hunting out my old photo albums I couldn't tell you the names of our favourites. Of course things may have changed now as we were there 4-5 years ago.
thanks for the replys i hope the food places havent changed to much seeing as you had good food just cant wait to go now seems so long away but hopefully the time will just fly by

thanks again

lisa
Hi all, anyone been to Tingaki recently as in last couple of years or so?
Just wanna know whats there/ anything for kids? what type of restaurants?
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sam x
Hi
we went to Kos last year and stayed in Kardamena but we did catch a cab to Tingaki one evening and found a lovely restaurant of which there were a decent selection, most bars, eateries and shops are situated on one street that runs away from the beach, it also has a cab stand if you wanted to venture out for the night, it had a nice looking beach but the one thing that sticks in my mind is that all the sunloungers were facing away from the sea whether that was because the sun sets on the opposite side of the island or whether because its particularly breezy on that part of the coast (Kos has a constant breeze) im not sure maybe someone else could let you know, it seemed a fairly quiet resort when were on the island which was the first 10 days of June, the beach looked nice so if this what you're looking for it will be ideal if in doubt try Kardamena or Kos Town which are more vibrant resorts with plenty to do, Enjoy!
We went to Tingaki last year for a week. Nice little resort. Stevieray is right about the sun loungers. It is quite breezy on the beach but we prefered that.

As for "is it good for kids", i'm not sure. There a some nice bars and tavernas but (from what I can remeber) not loads for kids to do. We took the bus to Kos Town on a couple of days and there's certainly a lot more to do there.

I'm not knocking Tingaki though as we had a nice relaxing holiday there. Though posibly too relaxing for youngsters. The bus to Kos Town was about €1.50 and took about 10 minutes so it's not far to take the kids out further.

Hope this helps.
Went to Kos last year and visited Tingaki for an evening and we had one of the best meals of our whole holiday there so don't think finding good food will be a problem.
Going myself for the first time in June.

Can you remember the name of the restuarant, Stevieray?

Cheers,
Janet
Hi All,

Anyone going to Tingaki round about the 8th June? We are going for 2 weeks then.

First time, so any advice about restuarants, bars, trips etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Janet
Me and my boyfriend are staying at the marianna apartments in tingaki, at the end of july. We arent looking for anything to busy, however not deserted, any information on this resort or apartments would be a great help.

thanks
Clare
hi welcome to HT.. have you read the members reviews http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/kos/tingaki/marianna-studios-apartments/ Studios/ yet

wizard
  • Edited by Wizard 2006-04-03 19:10:25
anyone with any information at all on tingaki???
Hi claire

I have been to tingaki 3 times and stayed at the Angela Apartments - about 2mins from where you are staying.

I have walked past the Marianna and looks lovely.

You will love Tingaki. It has a gorgeous beach which has a few tavernas on the beach front, really nice to site at night having a meal and looking on to the beach.

'Bar Street' - has a few lively bars which have a dj and u can dance if u want - Mascot & Memories. Kovotis was our favourite, great music and atmosphere.

Restaurants were lovely and not very expensive.

There are enough bars to suit everyones taste, tho defo not an 18-30 hold. Usual 'touristy' shops but as I am not into shopping that was not a problem.

It is not a large resort but has everything you will need for a good holiday whether you want it quiet or busy.

I am hoping to return again in Sept for the 4th time. Fab place to go, you will enjoy it, I am sure.

Jet :D
Thank you. It sounds a lovely place. Im defo not looking for an 18-30s just enough, to keep us entertained. Thanks again
from what you've said you want i think this is a brilliant place for you.
i went last year and it was excellent enough bars and pubs without there being to many(karma cocktail bar is a must- i don't know if they will still do it but they did cocktails for 1euro!!!!!! also if you go there say hi from the big bunch of people in may last year please(and i mean big there was about 24 of us)
all i can say is it is brilliant!!!!!honestly :lol: :lol: :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.