Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
We stayed in Kefalos early October 2004, in a twin centre holiday with Kalymos - my report is about half way down the page on this link.

http://www.zorbas.de/scripts/punbb-1.0.1/viewtopic.php?id=171&p=2

We enjoyed it there (apart from the night flights) but I don't know how busy it gets main season, if thats when you are going. I also liked the look of Mastahari - Tingaki had too many sunbeds for my liking but we only visited briefly. You could also get the ferry across for a week on Kalymnos, if you want somewhere quieter.

We're the same about flights, having to make the most of what days we have off work, but there are a few places worth going that do weekend flights where you can get a bit off the beaten track. There are usualy weekend flight to Kefalonia, or mainland airports like Kalamata for Stoupa and Finikounda or Preveza for Parga and Sivotta - all worth considering.
Maria - thanks I had vague ideas about Mastahari and had thought about Kalymnos but it the night flight then ferry that we did not fancy again! Have done Kefalonia, Parga, but not Stoupa or Finikounda and have to say do quiet fancy Finik.. but only Kosmar go there I think and prices seem high compared to other places. Thanks for help anyway will read your report!
i went to tingaki last year and i can say it was brilliant! not to quiet and not to noisy. There is a bit of nightlife but you can't really hear anything when your in your hotels, but saying that we were in a hotel that was a bit away from were all the pubs were. it was very good though!
nikkixxx :wink:
Hi Fred

We went to Tingaki in May 2004 and loved it. Not too quiet but yet not too busy either which we don't like.

You can read all about it on my Holiday Report on my website.
http://gawley.me.uk/kos.htm

Hope it helps.
Kefalos without a doubt :D Take a trip to the old town, well worth the visit.

Don
There nothing 'authentic' about either place they are just burgeoning package tourist resorts, no one has mentioned the main difference i.e. the meltemi wind which is onshore in Tigaki making the place a bit cooler with an often rough sea. Kamari beach (called Kefalos in brochures) is on the sheltered side of the island, roughly the same in terms of quietness but this does vary of course with the locations of accomodation.
Hi Tiffer,

Great info on your site!

We are off to Tingaki for the first time on 8th June and your site has been a great help.

Cheers,
Jinty
Hi Jinty

Thanks...glad you found the Info' helpful!

Have a great holiday
Tiffer.......Off to Thassos in 4 days!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.