Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Dont know anything specific, but are there a few hotels in the 'Titanic Group" ? You may find that they are consolidating and putting people all in one hotel. Its the sensible thing to do and provided the hotel is of the same standard, i would imagine the small print will allow them to do this. I'm going to a Hilton hotel in a couple of months and would imagine they may do something similar as I think there are 4 Hiltons in Sharm. Cant see them keeping them all open if things dont change soon it just wouldn't be economic sense.

I think your best bet is to have a word with your travel agent to see if they know anything.
Someone who lives in Hurghada is posting on Trip Advisor every day and it seems hotels are closing because of lack of guests and people are being put in sister hotels.
If the lack of guests continues due to people cancelling their holidays and with the withdrawal of Jet 2 flights a lot more hotels will have no option to close.
Its happening in Sharm also and after tonights events I really can see the FO changing their stance.
You would think if the hotels were consolidating in Sharm that there would be a lot of cheap deals to be had leaving in the next week or two but prices don't seem to have moved at all.
Just called travelsoon and they cannot see anything about hotel being closed but i have been told by a friend that titanic palace is still opened and they are putting titanic beach customers in there which i dont mind as its a newer hotel roll on march 5th really looking forward to some lovely sunshine
i have just been told that the titanic beach is opened for british familys as it seems no other countrys are going back for a few weeks so i am so happy we will get to stay in the hotel that we book :wave: roll on 5th march so excited :D
Hi,

Received a message yesterday (Mon 9.53am)from a British friend who lives/works in Hurghada which reads as follows:

"The Titanic Beach and Titanic Resort are closed until 5th March from there on all of Titanic Resorts will re-open as will most of hotels in Hurghada. I would be careful what Thomas Cook are saying as they have checked people into varous other hotels in the area. The problem being that many hotel groups have had no option but to close the majority of the hotels due to lack of guests in Hurghada"

There is plenty of info on the Trip Advisor forum relating to this topic, and info is changing on a daily basis.

Regards,
Pat
thats great news for us as we are going on 5ht march might get a water bunaglow with any luck
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.