Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Would honestly not call anyone lucky that is going to Goa on the first charters this coming week. No shacks and probably won't be any in their couple of weeks of holiday.
That is what most people want, shack, sunbed and food and drink watching the beach life. Not quite the same sat round a hotel pool.
There were some shacks operating in the first week of November last year before the licences were granted and those shacks that weren't built were still offering sunbeds and umbrellas. The shack owners are not going to let a little thing like licences stop them from earning cash from day 1 of the season.

Going on Friday so will report back next week. :sun2
It's a good job then Waterproof that we have our own place and are going for longer than 2 weeks
That's lucky isn't it??? :rofl :rofl
It's a good job then Waterproof that we have our own place and are going for longer than 2 weeks
That's lucky isn't it??? :rofl :rofl

. Longer than two weeks yes, having your own place.... not so sure !
One thing is certain, I don't care if there aren't any beach shacks because I don't tend to use them.If I am looking for a sunbathing experience give me the hotel anyday !!!
Should add, that's only my experience of Baga and Calangute. I'll soon find out what it's like further south and that hopefully should be a much more rewarding experience.
Your own shack?
What I was meaning was - no licences so not the choice of shacks there will be in say middle of December. Not the same atmosphere on the beach if there are only a few shacks and will it be first there gets the beds.
So much better when the beach is busy.

Bye the way Katiep the season started on 15th October when the first Russians flew into Goa and no sunbeds and brollies then except for the few private shacks.
Not sure if Squigs means he's got his own apartment or his own shack and boat.
Anyway the shacks will not be up and running properly untill mid-december. :sun2
Gosh I was only trying to lighten up this increasingly miserable forum. And whats wrong with sitting on your towel on the sand? Everyone does in France and Spain and take your own picnic maybe a parasol?!!
We love sitting on the beach winterpansy (not been to Goa though) it's lovely sitting at the waters edge. :sun2
Well said Winterpansy!! :tup :tup
Will certainly keep you updated.
Gosh I was only trying to lighten up this increasingly miserable forum. And whats wrong with sitting on your towel on the sand? Everyone does in France and Spain and take your own picnic maybe a parasol?!!

well said winterpansy!!! its getting on my nerves all the moaning and groaning every time i read HT lately... :duh .... 'miserable' just about sums it up!!! .. :( .. i think its a minority who seem to be griping about something or other whatever the thread subject is about!! come on everyone...cheer up plse!!!!!!!!!!!! be positive....... life aint perfect in Goa..... or in the UK, or anywhere else for that matter!!!!!! but its what you make it for sure ... :)

chilly
Dead right there Chilly :tup Its what ya make it :cheers See you Heathrow :rofl
You really are getting very paranoid on here.
Are you saying you are happy to go to Goa and sit on a beach towel and buy your own brolly.
I don't think so. :que
All over this forum are comments like - I love such and such shack - see you at such and such shack, it is an integral part of your holiday and many many people will be really unhappy if they are not there when they get to Goa. Not only for the food, drinks and friendships they make on the beach but for the sunshade.
That is what I was saying.
I'm happy to sit on a beach towel, on a beautiful beach ;)
Look here -

I hope it works as I'm useless at links :( xx lassi
I always used to prefer sitting/laying on the beach on a towel but age put paid to that! I now find it difficult getting up off a bed after laying on my stomach so getting up from the ground would not be a pretty sight!
I agree Lassi. We have been to some lovely beaches with not a shack in sight and enjoyed the peace and quiet laying on our towels. But I have to admit it is much more comfortable these days on a sunbed due to aching bones. In Kerala we layed on the beach for 3 weeks of our holiday due to the high cost of sunbeds over Xmas. Don't like getting ripped off.
Your probably better off finding a beach without shacks and sunbeds...at least you won't have the hassle of "the men in brown" walking the length of the beach smashing up the shacks and putting the sunbeds on the back of a lorry around feb/march.
Find a shack free beach and take a picnic!
:sun2 It is always cooler sitting on the beach, drinks and meals in the shacks, the atmosphere is far better than sitting around the pool, like those people on "Benidorm". But each to his own as long as every body enjoys themselves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.