Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Sunvil have some good property here. We stayed at the Stella apts. last year and would recommend them
Have a search on Expedia/Lastminute.com (flight + hotel)? There seem to be very few tour operators doing what you want.
Hi

Apart from Kosmar the only other English tour operator is Sunville.

Why isn't your partner keen on DIY holidays. We are in Tolo at the moment on a DIY holiday. We are from 'up North' so we got a flight from Leeds/Bradford to Amsterdam then on to Athens with KLM.
The first time I organised a DIY holiday I was terrified that something would go wrong but having done it I don't think that I would ever go back to packaged holidays.
We did hire a car but if you don't fancy driving then you can get a taxi, the fare is 120 euros.

There is a site which gives you a list of hotels and self catering apartments but I can't find the site, it is on my favourites at home so if you are interested I can post a link next week.

PS whilst I haven't stayed at Stella apartments they do look clean.
I'd agree with the idea of going independantly. Tolon is just over a 2 hours, pretty easy drive from Athens. We ended up there for 3 nights last May on an independant fly-drive and stayed in the Apollon Hotel which I believe Kosmar use. We paid 70 euros per night for a double room and breakfast. It would also be easy enough to find apartments, if you prefer. You can get all sorts of connecting flights to Athens but you can even get some good deals using BA, if you book early.
Sunvil do the Romvi Hotel and it is also an excellant taverna as well as we ate there many times in July. We went with Kosmar this year and it has got very expensive for next year.
Thanks for the replys folks.
Ginamac that link would be good thanks.
I wish Judith would consider going indepedently but no joy trying to change her mind, if it was up to me it would be booked now.

Kosmar prices are wild for next year which is why we want a change so it looks like Sunvil for our 5th visit to Tolo
Kobrien the link is http://www.tolo-guide.gr/

I find the info on the site and the links are very useful.

However you get there I hope you have a good time
Thanks for the help.
Tolo here we come next June :D
We have booked with Sunvil who I think were the other travel firm I was trying to think of. Booked the Romvi so will be coming home about 2 stone heavier!!!!
Yes you will very good food at the Romvi.
I have booked with Sunvil as advised by users on here.
I could not resist seeing how much Kosamr would have charged for and no sign of Tolo at all on their web site.
Looks like I played it the right way going with Sunvil.

Does anyone know what is going on with Tolo and Kosamr?
As far as I am aware Excel holidays (nee Kosmar) have now pulled out of Tolon which is a shame cos that's the first resort the original Kosmar went too as the old owner of Kosmar lives in Tolon.

There is another chat forum aimed at people who travel to Stoupa, in the southern Peloponnese, I believe that Excel Holidays (nee Kosmar) has reduce the number of accommodations offered and has also massively increased the prices. I don't think that it will be long before they stop travel to the Pelopennese altogether.
Thanks for the info Ginamac.

Do you have a URL for the other forum you mentioned?

Thanks in advance

Keith
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.