Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Tom System
9 Posts
Hi

We are staying at the Mimosa, and have heard that they have only started this lately. Don't know how true that is.

Did you find it ok, or would you rather pay cash , I am a bit unsure myself at the minute, but I am sure it will be ok when we get there

Jenni
club julian has this too

not sure if i like the idea or not but not got much choice now you cant use cash anyway.
thats untrue about the mimosa only just starting this tom system it was there when we stayed there a few years ago,

i personally hated it, found it very tying. we had 1 between us all ,found it a pain when the kids wanted an ice cream and couldnt go and buy 1 had to use this tom system , unless you kept account its easy for items to be added on without you noticing, also if you have older kids and they want to do their own thing unless you get 2 of these tom systems its a pain to keep finding the person that had in your group, we also had to pay returnable deposit incase it got lost, id much rather pay cash and know where you are, and the kids like to go and buy their own things, my kids love doing this, it might suit some people but we didnt like it
Oh God, I wish I hadn't asked now, but there is nothing I can do about it now, I will just have to grin and bear it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Again

Jenn
would they give you more than one if you topped them up separately as i am taking my nephew (16) who will have his own money

its going to be a nuisance trying to work out who pays what

maybe jaytrip could answer this as they have just returned

thanks pam xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cant remember about that pammie but thats the problem we had. too many of us to share 1 of them.

if they do allow this you both will have to pay deps i guess
Pammie I think the Club Julian will give your nephew a tom watch if you ask them.What annoyed me most was they charged you commision for putting money on if you pay in sterling.If I were you I would use TL to pay.On the day before we were coming home we had quite a bit left on it and as we were going to be out all day we asked for a refund which they did.We then put enough on for a couple of drinks on our last evening.Even Ice cream in the shop has to be paid for on this.Watch them though at busy times as our friends were charged twice for a bottle of water.(2.99TL)Its only 1TL in the supermarket over the road and a few guests with children were bringing their own into the resturant.You can upgrade to HB when you are there and depending on how many days you do this for its good value.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.