Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Icemeler, Icmeler, Icmeler!!!

Nice beach, loads of fantastic places to eat, plenty of good bars with entertainment, good apartments or hotels in the centre and there are nightclubs if you want them. I prefer Icmeler over Marmaris as its not as tacky but you can still get the market with the fake goods etc on a smaller scale.

HTH

C xxx
Fethiye... or maybe Kalkan.

Kalkan tends to attract a somewhat more.... ahem.... mature crowd.
What about Bodrum or Gumbet?
Both have the nightlife, Gumbet more geared towards the UK 'fun pub' market. Bodrum is more sophisticated, but still has plenty of bars. Both are within walking distance or short taxi ride, of each other, so wherever you stay you can get from one to the other easily.Also lots of sightseeing to do based from here!
i recon the amutalin area of marmaris is the best place to be easy enough to get to the busy beach front but plenty to do in the evenigs
Icmeler is the one - but you would have to take a Dolmus into Marmaris if you want clubs.
No recommendation on resort, the choice is too big, but as to your comment re hotel/aptmnt and stating that it would be nice to walk out somewhere on an evening to eat.
I assume that in Tunisia you were AI or half board but in turkey most hotels are on a B/B basis so you get the best of both worlds.
by the way I didn't like Tunisia at all, Turkey is by far and away superior and the drinks are a lot cheaper! and the people are much friendlier.

del949
Id advise Icmelar as from there you can have all the nightlife you want just a short taxi ride away in Marmaris, enjoy the more relaxed pace of Icmelar or pop into Turunc for real chill time - 3 resorts for the price of one.

Or maybe Ovacik? Up in the mountains with Olu deniz and its lagoon at one side, Fethiye and all a large town has to offer the other, and Hisaranou with its clubs and bars in the middle

My personal fav is Kalkan but the nightlife there may be a bit too low key for the under 30's and you do have to travel to get to a beach
Icmeler does it for me :love2
Definately Icmeler. My daughter and I stayed in Marmaris and it was ok but not really for us. Icmeler was much prettier and a short bus/taxi ride to Marmaris for nightlife if you want it. I would go back there and take the hubby as he would prefer Icmeler.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.