Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Cousins is great. It is right beside Club Aida (straight across the road from Club Alize) If you like Indian food you would love Taj Mahal. Its only 5-10 minutes walk away. Down on the main road. :) :cheers
we like alains behind tansas good value and good food
We loved to eat on the beach front and never had a bad meal but i think our favourite was the garden. We will have to give Cousins ago this year as we are also stopping at club Aida, we have stopped at the Alize before but must have missed it.
Im sure you will like it Laudan. It only moved up there last year so maybe wasnt there when you were. :)
for a lunch time snack... try a chicken and rice, with a fresh orange juice for 6 ytl at Oner Kantin... central marmaris opposite Pehlivanoglu supermarket near the Bazaar.
our favourite is always ono momento it was on beach front but have heard it as moved.als tried the three palm at the start of the marina this was great never had a bad meal in marmaris over the last 11 years.george and dragon on beach front also good value sue
Uno Momento is great, the Taj Mahal is a great place too as is the 'Garden'

http://www.thegardenmarmaris.com/about.htm

Wilson ;)
Well I recommend Cousins but not the one opp the Alize,turn left out of Aida to the junction about 5 min away and cousins there is great.Go down to the front,not the marina,but where its lively,lots of bars and restaurants,ie Turtle Bar,Salt and Pepper and a really good place is O Yes restaurant,steaks out of this world!!our favourite,but there is lots and lots of others as well.
I second the same cousins as Crispy, lovely food and lovely staff.
Also if you do a right out of club Aida, cross the road and follow it round until you come to the main busy street, pass a few restaurants at the start and a little further is Ayhan restaurant (attached to Yates bar) they make a nice brekkie and will also make you whatever you want.
From the above place, if you cross over the main road and turn right as if you are going down to the beach, Portofino restaurant is here, the food is gorgeous, the best fish i have tasted anywhere. The staff are great too, they had egg and flour fights with my sons last year and had them cooking apple pies.
Natalies on the beachfront ( central ) without a doubt. As long as it has not changed in the last few years you will get the best fillet steak ever. Had a lot of steaks around the world in the last few years but nowhere has matched it ( apart from after 7 in Goa ! ) .
I recommend the Ekin Hotel !!!

The T-Bone Steak is magnificent, honestly you'll not eat a better T-Steak anywhere.

It's about £7 - £8 English.

:sun2 :sun2 :sun2

Ekin Legend
Can;t beat the Rovers Return for eating in, Food is lovely and staff really friendly
We enjoy the Turkish Garden at the back end of the central bazaar, Maymi along the front near to Grand Azure - nice relaxed atmosphere. Le Kebab in Armutalan is good, Tepe up on the top near water park - great views :tup But the real bargains and quality is out in the sticks. Asperan is top quality, good price and set in wonderful grounds - Datca road approx. 10Km from Marmaris also can get to in on the mountain road out of Icmeler. Ucler restaurant in Hisaronu village - just can not fault it - good quality, warm welcome, cheap and in staggering distance to our villa!!!! Sunset in Hisaronu Village, Aura in Hisaronu village. Get a car and get out there!!!! ;)
I agree with beegee - Natalies is our favourite - great food, (steaks especially), friendly staff who really look after you. Been going for the past 8 years and just gets better and better - there's even a Natalies 2 now further up attached to Marmaris Beach Hotel they own.
Even went Christmas 2007 and was still well looked after :clap :clap :clap
I agree Natalies is our favourite as well - great food and great staff who always seem to remember you!!
Also you can't go wrong with Faros either they do a lovely chicken with honey and mustard salad for something like 6 ytl. There are also some good Turkish fast food places in Gima upstairs good at cheap prices.

I am not to fussed on the Taj Mahal at all we have been but i wouldn't go back.
No i'm not keen on Taj Mahal either - a little expensive for what you get - but everybody has their own tastes!!!
Matties bar is very good for food as well do a great casserole - and forgot Natailies do the best sunday roast!!! :cheers
where is matties bar now as previously i remember it not been to far from the club turquoise but it had moved last year sue
Went to Marmaris 2 years ago and found the best place was Faulty Towers. Staff are brilliant, even put a singing and dancing show on for you! On our last night they gave us free drinks and the owner took us back to our hotel (Julian), would not hear of us getting a taxi. Even now we get a postcard from them every christmas. Oh, meals are fantastic too!
Our Favourite Was Mayfair, Not Sure Whether Its Still Called This As It Was Getting All Done Out As Well As The Hotel Attached. It Was Lush,Very Cheap, Good Exchange Rate and Lovely Staff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.