Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Aslemma,

As far I know, the time on the timetable is summertime.

Maybe you can send an e-mail to the SNCFT to be sure: sncft@sncft.com.tn

Here their homepage: http://www.sncft.com.tn/

Kind reagrds from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Thanks Pittie - I've taken your suggestion and sent them an e-mail. I tried to access their home page but got a message to say it isn't available. :roll: I printed off a timetable ages ago but can't seem to find an up-to-date one. Even my flight time was changed because BA apparently didn't know the Tunisians were going to change their clocks so I'm naturally a little suspicious :lol: Anyway, it's Tunisia - you just have to go with the flow - I expect I'll end up in Sousse eventually.
Hi :wave
I have a timetable here valid up until June 2006. I will try to scan it later. This is a train timetable for the SNCFT running from Sousse Bab Jedid via Monastir to Mahdia. It stops outside Monastir Airport as well. It's not the same train that runs to Hammamet or Tunis.
Hi ,Aslemma ,i called the information center in Tunis ,because my partner is coming aso from Tunis and has to take the train to Sousse ,and they give me the informations followed:
6:00 , 9:05 , 12:05 , 13:35 , 15:40 , 17:35 , 18:45 , 20:50 , 22:20
And the tel phone number is :0021671345511
Hi Aslemma

The english version of the SNCFT site is still under construction, but I found the timetable on the french version. (I'm still learning, promised I would be reasonably fluent before we go in October, only 190-odd days left to learn lol!)

http://www.sncft.com.tn/default.asp?Ville=1&Submit=Cliquer+ici&Trajet1=Aller&Trajet2=Retour&Id=13&Action=GrandeLigneSelect

hope this helps
mgb
Thank you all so much. I haven't had a reply to my e-mail, but it looks as if I'm in for a mad dash for the 13.35 as the 15.40 doesn't run on Sundays. :roll: Last year I copied and pasted a copy of the timetable I found on the net, but when I got to the station in October the 13.35 was listed on the board at 14.10. :lol: It will be a bonus if that happens this time as it will give me a bit more leeway. Luckilly I've always ignored the rules regarding currency so will have enough dinars with me to avoid a trip to the bureau de change if time is short. For obvious reasons I must stress that I do not recommend this highly irregular behaviour but it's always worked for me. :wink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.