Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Maybe a silly question joan,but have you asked your rep .My daughter is a thomas cook rep and she has sent things home from all over the world ,tho not carpets from turkey.Quite sure she would no someone who has sent stuff home.

Bluepeterno1
Thanks but we are here independently for 8 weeks so no rep, we will go to one of estate agents who speak English as no one in local post office does, think needs to go ,Fed ex failing that we will go back to carpet shop in Marmaris and ask them to send, which we should have really done in the first place!!
You just worry some times when making such a big purchase if you will actually get the right item sent or if at all.
Many thanks Joan
we bought a smallish rug and and brought it hand luggage through dalaman, airport this was no problem , the shop did offer to post it though. I would just ask someone you trust to help you arrange postage, im sure it will be easy enough
When you find out would you let me know how you are going to do it. My husband has some lovely carpets at his family home in Turkey and he would like to bring some over to the UK but we're not too sure how we would do it either, they are far too big to carry. I have a feeling it is going to cost too much though.
Thank you, yes Kedi i will let you know as soon as we get info, price all depends on weight
Hi Kedi, we have decided to take carpet back to shop we bought it from and let them send it, cost around £100, you could take smaller rugs in luggage, i am sure in your case your husband could ask at post office, we are going tomorrow, Friday so will ask for you while there,Take care Joan
Thank you Joan, can I ask how big your carpet is, just so we have an idea.
I also saw lots of UPS and TNT offices in turkey
They should also could give you a quotation

But it seems solved now!
I think 100 pounds is a fair price

rgds jeroen
Hi Kedi, the carpet weight was 17 kg, looks like we could have taken a chance and put in case taken on plane, paid the excess, we are allowed 15kg with Thomas Cook, 2kg over plus the case 7kg in total, anyway took it back to the shop as could not find anyone to interpret for us,while there my husband bought another carpet, he should not be allowed out on his own, smaller one, cost us £150,delivery charge for both, will be delivered 2 days after returning home.

So cant wait to see my loverly Turkish carpets in my home in England, some thing we have always wanted, will be very cosy on the cold winter evenings and a reminder of Turkey till we return again next year for 6 months.Regards Joan
Just out of interest where about in Turkey do you live Kadi?
We don't live in turkey anymore, we used to live in Bodrum but my husband's family home in in Eastern Turkey. Now we live in boting old London :(
:offtop Reminds me of a joke i once heard Joan.This guy went to buy a second hand carpet ,the man who sold him it said it's in Mint condition ,when he got it home there was a big hole in the middle.

Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.