Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
A lot depends on what your credit card company takes for you withdrawing foreign currency. The Nationwide building society apparently do not charge for the service therefore anyone with that card is on a winner however most charge for it and it can mount up during a holiday. You will need to find out from your bank or building society if you can withdraw money abroad and how much it would cost you.

If you decide to go for travellers cheques then avoid the euro ones as, although commission free here, you can be charged up to 5% when abroad. The sterling travellers cheques are up to 2% commission here but are usually free of commission when cashing them abroad.
hi
just come back from ibiza had no trouble changing sterling cheques in santa eulalia. I was tempted to use my debit card but glad i didnt as while i was laying on the beach reading a magazine i read about someone who got caught out in Barcelona by the same thing as alot of people are having problems with here when they tamper with the cashpoints. She had no other money, the machine swallowed her card and to top it all although she reported it to her bank they didnt cancel it and the "nice helpful Spanish man who was behind her in the cue and HELPED her" got away with £500 !!!!!!!!!!
American Express now do a Travellers Cheque Card. I think it works like a debit card but credit it wit cash here and use it like a credit card abroad.
I'd take a mix, in case the machine does swallow your card.
Thanks for the help. Think i'll use sterling travellers cheques for the most of it, bit of cash and my debit/credit card just in case.

Mark
That's the plan Mark, have a good holiday mate :lol: !
Hi,
We are going to Ibiza this year and my wife( the travel agent) has informed me that we will be talking this card from American Express. You can use it like a switch card both abroad and at home.

Hope that helps, enjoy you hols
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.