Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
i would advise you take travellers cheques and euros.
There is more discussion on this subject in the following topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=35796

David :wave
hi
we returned from santa eulalia a couple of weeks ago. We took sterling cheques so i cant help by telling you what the charge is for changing them but i can tell you that there are a couple of exchange places on the main road do not use them !!! We asked a few places before changing some (if you ask they will either tell you what you will pay or give you a printout ) We wanted to change £250 in sterling cheques one of the places on the main road told us we would get 305 euros when we asked what the charge was she couldnt tell us because it was automatically done by the computer !!! There are some gift shops advertising no charge for changing sterling cheques and a small charge for euro cheques, again if you ask first they will tell you what they will charge you we also found a small exchange place with a higher rate who didnt charge and we got 355 euros for our £250. I personally prefer sterling as you get the exchange rate over there which is slightly higher and as lloyds had an offer on for them comission free and i didnt get charged over there i got to use all my money not pay someone else for changing them !!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.