Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
travelling alone
10 Posts
I love goa

I was in a similar position to you last March. I had been to Goa several times before with my OH and was a little unsure about going on my own but decided to go. I had a lovely relaxing week.

I went on a package deal. It was a little pricey travelling on a package deal as a single but I wanted the reassurance of knowing a representative was on hand should I need them.

You just need to be sensible, you know your way around as I did so go to places you know and feel comfortable. I used the same taxi driver my hubby and I use regularly who ferried me to and fro me from my hotel in the evenings. I didn't go walking in secluded areas, I used the beach shack my hubby and I were familiar with so I was used to the boys, they knew me and I felt kept a kindly watchful eye over me 'cos they knew I was on my own.

During the evenings I had one or two drinks with my meal, (but not as many as I would have had if the other half had been with me) I felt I wanted to keep my wits about me 'just in case'

I felt no danger and never experienced any unwanted attention (I should be so lucky at my age :rofl )

You don't have to miss out on your winter sun. Go for it. I'm 50+ but not quite 55 certainly not a spring chicken.

It's your decision but I had a lovely relaxing time and would definitely do it again. :tup
Thanks for that dave's wife -it has inspired me, I too am over 50 but not 55 :rofl
I had noticed that it was more expensive as a single traveller but would go with reputable company for the support. I have been to various hotels and had used several taxis, I don't know any contacts but have always found them reliable
Who knows, might even get to meet up with other HT's which would be nice. I will let you know how things go :D
I will be in Goa from the end of Oct til the end of Nov and travelling alone, there has been no problems at all. Everybody knows me and I have my own taxidriver who nerver let me go to places where I shouldn´t.
Where are you going to stay, ilovegoa?
Hi I havent booked my flight or accomodation yet, still looking for a good deal. Have usually stayed in Candolim or Calangute. Do you have any recommendations? :wave:
Go for it hun. I have traveled alone and as the others have said as long as you are sensible about where you are walking in the evening its all good. Plus you get the benefit of suiting yourself what you want to do ;) s.

I have met some of my best friends whilst travelling , come to the meets you wont be alone for long :)
  • Edited by MazD 2010-10-10 00:51:49
I am going by scheduled flight from Sweden so I cant help you there :sad
I stays at Jay-Jay´s in Baga, just a small place, they only got 2 rooms, but they have a restaurant and a bookshop too. Just love the place, they are such a lovely people, feels like home to me :D
It´s never a problem to meet new friends in Goa, I got a lot and we always keep in touch
i'm there 11 march for 3 weeks on my own.
i'm in candolim 27/12 for three weeks on my own go for it!!
I am also travelliing alone, been to Goa twice alone (by charter) and umpteen times with hubby. 50+ but not yet 55 :rofl
Dave's wife has said it all and is spot on. Do come to the meets, plenty of good advice available there (and here!) and excellent company too. I am out there from 29th November to 13th December. Travelling scheduled for the first time with Qatar Airways via Doha.

Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.