Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
You can get the bus from Marmaris to Bodrum - it's a nice ride over, very scenic which takes 3-3.5 hours. Once there, you can get the dolmus to Gumbet - you should get the Bardakci dolmus (orange colour) which will take you right down to where the Jasmine Beach apartments are. The are at one end of the bay in Gumbet, right by the beach and are very popular. It's only a short walk into Gumbet centre from the Jasmine Beach, you're better going along the beach front to avoid the hill.

Jak xx
Hi Jak
Thanks for the info do you know roughly how much it costs in lira? i have been to Turkey lots of times but usually go Icmeler and Marmaris i have also been to Istanbul. Me and my boyfriend are going May 12th im
really looking forward to it we are going Icmeler for 5 nights then Gumbet the rest of the holiday...can you recommend any bars and sightseeing tours in Bodrum/gumbet...

Any info would be good

Thanks
Kerry
Sorry can't help with cost as we always drive. Shouldn't think it would be more than £15 though.

Whereabouts are you staying in Gumbet? There's loads of bars to choose from - cheesy music ones, quiet chill-out ones, dance bars, etc. Bar St in Gumbet isn't massive and there you have Central Bar (probably the most popular), X Bar, etc. There's then two other main streets with bars (all different kinds) and of course the bars along the beach front. Our favourite is Cheers (our local!!) but we also like the Radio Bar (next door to Cheers), Smileys and the Hotel Baba.

As for tours, there's the village tour, jeep safari, boat trip, markets; plus longer ones to Ephesus or Pamukkale if you fancy some culture. The best boat trip we've been on is the Topal Kamil which you book at the Hotel Baba. It's a really relaxing time, no loud or blaring music. Or if you're up for more of a "rowdy" trip, there's others to choose from. Also it's dead easy to get round the Bodrum peninsula using the local dolmus so you can do the markets and visit other resorts under your own steam. From Gumbet, you just get the dolmus to Bodrum bus station (right in the centre) and then you can visit anywhere by just jumping on another dolmus. Bodrum is also great for a night out and it's only about 7 minutes on the dolmus away from Gumbet.

If you want to know anything else, just ask. We live just outside Gumbet (in Konacik) for six months of the year and know the area pretty well. We are going out there on 8 April and can't wait to get back there.

Jak xx
Hi Jak

Thanks for all your info on Gumbet i was wondering whether you are on Facebook ?

Cant wait to go Gumbet whoop whoop.Do you live out there?

Cheers

Kerry
Hi Kerry,

Jasmin Beach are nice apaprtments, right on the beach and about 10 minutes stroll to the centre of Gumbet where you will find all kinds of bars and restaurants. You can also get the bus into Bodrum as Jakki suggests.

I lived in Gumbet for about 3 years so if you want to know anything just ask.

Kedi
Yes, I am on Facebook as removed for personal security reasons. Dazbo HT Mod. There's a few of us but I'm the one with the picture of me sat on my own with a drink in my hand. I think it's easier if you search on Facebook for "jakki smith manchester" - there's only two of us on there.

Jak xx
Hi Jak

Hiya cant seem to find you on facebook i have looked

Kerry
Hi Jak

Can you tell me whether its a straight run from Gumbet bk to Dalaman if theres any buses what we can catch to the airport

Kerry

S
You wouldn't be able to get a bus direct from Gumbet, you would need to get the dolmus from Gumbet into Bodrum, which takes about 10 minutes and then the bus from there.
Try this link for my Facebook page

Now that the intended members have been added to your friends list, I'll remove the link to safeguard your sercurity. Dazbo HT Mod

Yes, I live out there for the summer months (going out again in April) and then spend the winter in England; so we know the area pretty well.

Jak xx
Jakki< I hope you don't mind but I have added you as a friend too :)
No probs, you're both now added as friends.

Jak xx
An interesting trip would be to get the bus from Marmaris to Datca and then take the ferry to Bodrum. The bus trip takes you over mountains with stunning scenery and takes around an hour or 90 mins. The buses go about every hour or so. Ferries go twice a day at 9.30 and 17.30 duing the high season and less often in low season. Trip takes 90 mins and is a nice way to travel.
Hi JMK

Thankyou for the info how much in Lira does the ferry cost any ideas?

kind regards
Kerry
I did the trip a few times last year and I think I paid 20 lira each way. It is very convenient, a little bus takes you from the ticket office in Datca town to the ferry terminal about 10 mins drive away. If you are driving you can go direct to the ferry terminal at Kormen and get tickets there. It is a car ferry or you can leave your car in the car park there.The bus leaves about 9.00 and 17.00. The ferry stops at the harbour in Bodrum and is very convenient for the town.
If you have plenty of time I would suggest spending a night in Datca, it is a lovely harbour town. There are several pensions near the ticket office/bus stop.
we stayed at the jasmine beach for a couple of nights two years ago,cant fault them, the apartments were quite spacious and clean,the staff didnt hassle you to spend money at the bar, on trips etc.We drove over from icmeler through mugla it took aroun 2.5 hours very straightforward run,but the bus services from marmaris are excellent,we are travelling from antalya to marmaris in march, it will cost us 40 lire each and will take 6 hours approx,there are three services a day,so i would imagine the bodrum service is more frequent and a lot cheaper.All you need to do is go to marmaris otogar,just get a taxi from tansas if you arent sure how to get there( it should only be around 10 lire tops) and you can catch a coach to bodrum in pretty much the same way you would get a bus in england (pay and ride).I know for a fact that they run every half hour to fethiye so i should imagine they will be the same to bodrum, good luck and have fun.The price of a ticket to fethiye was arounds 18 lire so you can expect to pay around the same to bodrum,although take recent price rises into consideration.
Rakibabe

I haven't spotted it as a suggestion above - so I will add, whilst in Gumbet don't miss the DreamGirls Show. We are staying in Icmeler this year but as we always hire a car we'll probably drive to Gumbet and have a night at the DreamGirls. Absolutely hilarious and just off Bar Street.

Dave
Hi

We are also going to Icmeler for 4 days then travelling to Gumbet for 8 nights cant wait... :D Is dreamgirls a drag act cos i love stuff like that? Can you name a few bars to hit in Gumbet or Bodrum or any fantastic
trips whilst im there....do you also know if there is a bus from bodrum to dalaman airport? thanks kerry xx :wave:
There isn't a bus from Bodrum to Dalaman airport. You will have to go into Dalaman itself and then I think you will be able to get the Havas bus to the airport, but I don't know the times sorry.

Yep, Dreamgirls is a drag act - you can have a meal and then watch the show, or just watch the show.

As for trips - boat trip (book the Topol Kamil at the Hotel Baba on the beach for a great chilling day), jeep safari (good fun), village tour (nice half day out into the hills), trip to Turgetreis or Milas market (or you can do this on your own by dolmus), a trip into Bodrum to sightsee and shop. You can also get around the peninsula by dolmus and see the other resorts - Yalikavak, Bitez, Gundogan, Gumusluk and Golturkbuku (very upmarket) are all great to look around.

Bars - on the beach Roy's Place which is always popular, on Bar Street there's Central Bar (very popular later on and banging music), on Adnan Menderes Caddesi you've got Leo's, Chico's, Smileys, Cheers (my local LOL), Radio Bar (great for watching sport if you're into that). Of course, there's probably new ones that will open when the season starts but those I have named are good. Oh and at the top end of Adnan Menderes Caddesi there's Mr Frogs (if you're into karaoke), Outback Bar (Indie-type music if you're into that).

As for Bodrum, there's loads of bars to choose from - the White House is always popular as is Kule .. and if you want to splash out, there's Halikarnas and Club Catamaran.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.