Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
the pamukalle shop is round the back of marmaris tansas walk past tansas (away from the beach front)and take your first left it is there you cant miss it the coaches that go to izmir often go via bodrum and i think there is a service every half an hour or so, it will cost around 20 lire per person one way,failing this simply get a taxi or dolmus to marmaris bus station(otogar)and simply catch your bus here.The journey takes around 2.5 hours.As far as bars go ive only visited gumbet once it was nice enough but i wouldnt rush back a little too hetic for me,bodrum on the other hand i thought was wonderful ,it is a lot more upmarket than marmaris or icmeler and is a little more expensnsive,there is a good mixture of tourists here from all over europe, if its full english sky sports and "kiss kiss" your after then gumbet caters more for us brits.
There's loads of bars to choose from in Gumbet. You've got Bar Street which is "full on" with load and banging music and appeals to the younger ones. Then you've got bars on the beach, one very popular one is Roy's Place. My local (I live here in the summer) is Cheers/Mascot which appeals to all ages. Others are Smileys' Chicos and Leos, to name a few.

Do take the time to have a good walk round Gumbet 'cos there are loads of bars to explore and it's a shame just to stick in the one area.

Where are you staying?

Jak xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.