Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Update on the trip.

Qantas flights were excellent throughout, looked after very well, even in economy. Self serve check in and baggage labels was a bit baffling until a nice Qantas person at Sydney showed us what to do and it was a breeze after that.

Sydney was awesome! Soooo busy, but some very beautiful green spaces and an extremely clean city. We did the city sights and harbour cruise the day after we arrived, which certainly sorted any jet lag! The bridgeclimb was a couple of days after that and it was absolutely stunning. First group up, with a beautiful sunny day, but without the heat of the midday.

Loved Melbourne. A bit more laid back than Sydney, we were there the weekend of the MotoGP and the Cox plate, but spent one of the days on the Neighbours tour and the other on the Great Ocean Road experience. Both very good, but me and the boss were split which was better - I liked the Great Ocean Road best...

We did book for the Neighbours pub night, but the tour company rang up and tried to reschedule us for the following week as it was cancelled the night we booked. We had to get a refund, which was done without fuss and with an apology.

The Red Centre was fascinating, but VERY long days. I was always conscious of a higher presence in the spiritual heartland, and I'm not at all religious, and was mindful to respect requests not to take pics of some of the holy grounds.

We both loved Port Douglas. Fantastic laid back charm, it was a great location for chill out time, even though the Quicksilver Barrier Reef cruise was a fun filled day. We took a helicopter ride on the reef, and I snorkelled to get a closer view. Top tip: From Nov onward it is stinger season, so they guys on the boat recommend a Lycra suit. Worth wearing, even if you do look like a badly-stuffed sausage.

Without sounding too much like an advert, some thanks.

Thanks to Trailfinders in Cambridge for doing the donkey work in arranging the whole thing and putting up with our daft questions.

Thanks to the various Qantas crew for looking after us so well and being efficiently friendly.

Thanks to the drivers and guides from AATKIngs, who were amusing, informative and professional throughout.

We had an absolute ball and would do it again, once we gear ourselves up for another mega flight!
Update on the trip.

Qantas flights were excellent throughout, looked after very well, even in economy. Self serve check in and baggage labels was a bit baffling until a nice Qantas person at Sydney showed us what to do and it was a breeze after that.

Sydney was awesome! Soooo busy, but some very beautiful green spaces and an extremely clean city. We did the city sights and harbour cruise the day after we arrived, which certainly sorted any jet lag! The bridgeclimb was a couple of days after that and it was absolutely stunning. First group up, with a beautiful sunny day, but without the heat of the midday.

Loved Melbourne. A bit more laid back than Sydney, we were there the weekend of the MotoGP and the Cox plate, but spent one of the days on the Neighbours tour and the other on the Great Ocean Road experience. Both very good, but me and the boss were split which was better - I liked the Great Ocean Road best...

We did book for the Neighbours pub night, but the tour company rang up and tried to reschedule us for the following week as it was cancelled the night we booked. We had to get a refund, which was done without fuss and with an apology.

The Red Centre was fascinating, but VERY long days. I was always conscious of a higher presence in the spiritual heartland, and I'm not at all religious, and was mindful to respect requests not to take pics of some of the holy grounds.

We both loved Port Douglas. Fantastic laid back charm, it was a great location for chill out time, even though the Quicksilver Barrier Reef cruise was a fun filled day. We took a helicopter ride on the reef, and I snorkelled to get a closer view. Top tip: From Nov onward it is stinger season, so they guys on the boat recommend a Lycra suit. Worth wearing, even if you do look like a badly-stuffed sausage.

Without sounding too much like an advert, some thanks.

Thanks to Trailfinders in Cambridge for doing the donkey work in arranging the whole thing and putting up with our daft questions.

Thanks to the various Qantas crew for looking after us so well and being efficiently friendly.

Thanks to the drivers and guides from AATKIngs, who were amusing, informative and professional throughout.

We had an absolute ball and would do it again, once we gear ourselves up for another mega flight!
Hey,

that sounds like you've had a really great time! Also your itinaries sound like a very good choice! I just can't believe that you travelled that much within 4 weeks! Wow! Do you know how many kms you travelled? I mean Sydney, Melbourne, Central Australia and Tropical North of Queensland - Very long distances between these places. Did you do everything by car or also domestic flights?

Cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.