Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
If yo want to see a lot of Formentera I would suggest an organised excursion through a tour operator.They will take you round the Island then to a beach and then on the way back on the boat take you into some of the lovely bays full of millionaires yachts.

If you go on the Ferry from one of the resorts you will just be dropped of at the port from were you will have to get to where ever by buses or maybe hire a bike.

We have just returned from Ibiza but didnt go to Formentera on the ferry from Santa Eulalia due to the rip off prices they are now charging.£64 for 2 for a 3/4 hour ride.
We have just returned from Ibiza but didnt go to Formentera on the ferry from Santa Eulalia due to the rip off prices they are now charging.£64 for 2 for a 3/4 hour ride.

its only 20 euro from playa den bossa.you sure you looked at right boat trip.or does that inc island tour??.
E32 each so almost £64 when we only got E105 to a £

That was the bog standard ferry from Santa E,not a tour.

I think thats a lot to pay for a basic boat ride.The ferry oprices have risen a lot,it was E12 for the short return journey from Santa E to Es Cana.No wonder the buses were choka as it was only E1.5 for a single.

Cutting their own throats if you ask me.
Thanks for the replies, I also picked up on the price of food and drinks when you are there they do look extortionate is this a fact that other members have found?
If you shop around you can still eat and drink at reasonable prices,when in Santa Eulalia there are lots of bars selling lager at 2/2.5 euros a pint

Same with food - but the norm seems to be now about 4.5 euros for a baguette,now I wouldnt pay that in the UK,but when on holiday I suppose you dont think the same way.
We first went to Formentera 21 years ago on a day trip from Ibiza. It was a paradise. sadly we went again about 7 years ago and it was overcrowded and had gone all 'blackpool'.
I think thats a bit of an exaggeration to say that Formentera has gone all Blackpool.More built up and crowded but "Blackpool".......I dont think so
Actually I agree with that, and with only a few years difference. Went there for a day trip in 04 - very nice. Went there in 09 very different - too many beach bars and a lot more traffic.
Though I would like to go again next summer the package has gone up from £666 to £999 :yikes
zaax wrote:
Actually I agree with that, and with only a few years difference. Went there for a day trip in 04 - very nice. Went there in 09 very different - too many beach bars and a lot more traffic.
Though I would like to go again next summer the package has gone up from £666 to £999 :yikes

Sure you hadn't got yhe broshure upside down? LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.