Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
trips 2005/2006
50 Posts
We are staying in the south at the Heritage Village does anybody recommend any good day trip providers nearby?
I've posted this before but for those who missed it here it is again.

I have a very good contact for trips. They are based in Candolim. Clean, safe and considerably cheaper than most.

Does a range of standard trips or will make up something bespoke if that's what you want.

Trips include hampi, dolphins, elephant washing, spice plantations, temples - including the water temple in Panji (definitely not to be missed), waterfalls, arambol by boat, Old Goa, religous festivals (when they are on obviously), Ashvem, Morjim, Anjuna by boat, turtles, fishing, crocodile trip, snorkelling, markets (not just anjuna and Ingo's but Mapusa and farther a field), a day on the little island the name of which I forget - you get a beach barbeque with that one, and many many more trips available.

PM me if you would like the contact details.
how do i get to dog sanctuary and were is it? we are staying in calangute in march and would love to visit, do you have to inform them of youre wish to visit ,,any info would be great thanks xxx jan
Animal Rescue is in or around the Asagao area, just jump a taxi they all know it. If you are going by bike look out for the signposts but be warned they are few and far between. No need to make an appointment to visit.
Hope this helps, Goldenflipflop
The Go wild Topur is a brilliant way to have a condensed 2 day experience; visiting Cashew factory, markets, jungle; elephants showers, rides and feeding; cultural evening with Goan folk singer, Visit to temples, dudsagar waterfalls and spice plantation cost £70 each with reps in Hotels but local tour opertaors do it cheaper at about £35.

Brilliant experience and it leaves you time to relax on beach 8)
where can you get the Go Wild trip from, we are staying in the North?
Did the Jungle Book one last year but didn't have a s much as the one you mentioned.
Also going with a different friend so wouldn't want to do exactly the same one.
thanks
Hi Rayofsunshine I've pmed you Dilip's telephone number
We went to Goa last November, and it is fabulous. A word of warning, i'd read every review going and all about Daytrippers, and was convinced it would be an easy option being run by someone from the UK. Sadly mistaken we went on five trips with them, on the first we suffered food poisoning and had to ring and cancel, they didn't offer to let us go on it again or anything, but i thought fair enough. Our last trip was a jungle tour, two day trip to Dandeli, the whole purpose of the trip to go into the jungle. We were all up at 5.30am and arrived at the gates to be told that there were officials there an there was to be no entry. Everyone was highly disappointed if you ever do the four hour trip over potholes you'll not what i mean. Everyone was gutted and on our return daytrippers gave us around £7 per person refund on a £70 per person trip, when the sole reason for the trip was to go into the jungle. This was simply the entrance fee to the park. The following day was our last, and others were getting together to voice their grievances, but we decided that we should just enjoy the final day of our stay. But i feel very strongly that this company is just not offering the service that i feel you are paying for. My advice go with a local firm, who are probably much cheaper and the security factor of dealing with someone from the UK is worth squat anyway.
we are going to Goa in couple of weeks and are staying in Bogmallo,central Goa. Anyone know any places that organise day trips from this area.especially fancy the night in the jungle and the day on the tiny island that i have read about.
The Jungle Book trip is different from the day trippers one and only an hour and a half drive. We did that one with the rep as it was more a less the same price. And was excellent would highly recomend it. Most other trips we did by taxi.
thanks for the tip rayofsunshine!!!
got back last night and loved it!! did the jungle book tour with first choice,paid £78 each and it was well worth it.all i would say is its definately not for faint hearted! the mud huts you stay in are hurrendous but this comes from someone who has never even camped and out of the 18 people on the trip i reacted the worst!!!!!!!!!!!someones got to be the mardy one havent they!?! i didnt sleep all night as never been so scared in my life-loads of massive ants and cockroach things but you sleep in mosquito net so your quite safe.really glad i can say ive stayed in the jungle though! our guide was Geoffrey who was the best guide ever and he cant half wiggle his hips.he made this the best excursion we have ever been on.***is anyone reading this that did the trip monday 24/25th april?***the second day where you bathe with elephants is unbelievable and would definately do it again.apart from the jungle book tour we got taxis everywhere as cheaper.
Ive been to Goa quite a few times so been on a number of trips. But now i have my little boy i think im somehow restricted in what i can do now.
Can anyone recommend any trips which i havent been on, and that is suitable for a 4 year old?

Ive already been to Old Goa about 6 times,
Visited deserted beaches,
coco beach, which was filthy,
crocodile trip, when i was a teenager, but i was very ill after it, heatstroke i think,
dolphin spotting, although it was a fishing trip with my dad but saw lots of dolphins,
visited the market in Arpora
Hi Yummymummy, Take him on the Go wild tour it's an over night stay in the jungle washing and riding the elephants dressing uop in indian clothes, visiting a little jungle village where all the kids sing nursery rhymes to you. The camp is called Backwoods and the tour guide is called dillip if you want to pm me I can send you his email address as that's all the contact I have for him. My daughter was just turned 5 yrs and she loved it she still talks about it now.

ta A
Hi arl, we will be taking our 6 yr old in Feb 07 too. We would love some info on trips ie the Go Wild tour. PM's most welcome to me too!!!!
Hi,
I would also like some info on Go Wild tour & any other trips you would recommend as will be 1st time going to Goa 4 adults staying in Candolim..Also would you book trips through reps or local??

Thanks
Becky :D
Book locally, it is much cheaper.
Troops,

Anyone know where this is ?
Is it worth travelling from Goa to see the Tigers ?
How much is it to stay there ?

Any info would be good !

Bobbi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.