Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Coobie,

I would suggest try to contact local tour companies http://www.reallifeegypt.com This would be much cheaper optin for you and they do privet tours. I'm sure they will help you.

Enjoy your visit,

Mohamed
Hi Coobie.
We have just returned from the Calimera Habiba in Marsa Alam (Thursday), book your trip with the rep it will be cheaper. Now for the report, we went on the Luxor trip and this is how it went for us, we booked the two day trip for $210 which is about £100. We were picked up at our hotel at 03:15am after two hours of picking various people up etc we ended up at like a service area where we changed coaches as you would be with an English speaking tour guide all the time, you then set off in convoy of around 120 coaches, travel for about an hour or so then stop for a toilet break (all coaches) then set off in convoy to Luxor, arrive at around 11:00am, (now remember we were on the two day trip), went straight to Karnak temple, from there to lunch at a restaurant, from there to out hotel for the night which was the Sofitel on the Nile, had around two hours to ourselves then met to go back to luxor for a horse and carriage ride back to Karnak temple for the Sound and light experience. At around 9:30pm back to the hotel for our evening meal. After breakfast left at nine to go to the valley of the kings, stopped off at an alibaster place once in the valley of kings had entrance to three tombs, if you want to see Tutankhamen's you pay extra, not really worth it. then off to the valley of the Queens, from there a 40 minute cruise on the Nile and then back out to lunch, and then off to Luxor temple, at 6:00pm all coaches meet as before and convoy back to the original meeting place to get you back to your hotel which will be around 1:00am. All that for £100 was fantastic value the only extras are for Drinks and souvenirs. I wouldn't want to do all that in a day, but of course the cost is half. Amazing things to see well worth the effort but be warned it is inland and therefore very hot, it was over 40 c in the valley of the kings last week and it will only get hotter. Hope that has helped if you want any more info let me know.
Cheers and happy hols
Pete ;) :sun2
can anyone tell me the best 2 day trip that includes an overnight stay in luxor as i want to go to the valley of the Kings with the wife.
The cheapest and safest way. we are in our early 50 (just) and no kids with us.
and any tips on what to and not to do while there........ We have spent the last two years at Sharm and this year we are going up market...... We are staying at the Dreams hotel 22/07/10 for 14 nights from manchester TOM874 :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.