I currently have a holiday booked with TUI, whereby a deposit was paid back in October last year, prior to the Corona Virus situation.

The balance of the holiday is due to be paid tomorrow, but my wife & I do not wish to go anymore, due to the fact that TUI have instigated a 10 point plan at the hotel which includes cancellation of events, limited tables in the restaurant, & 2 metre distancing around the bars & pool areas. This means that the operation of the hotel we booked, is not as described on the date we booked.I have tried to contact TUI by email, but all of the email addresses they list are returning emails as undeliverable.I have made numerous attempts to contact TUI by phone on 0800 1071534, but nobody answers the phone. Yesterday, I was held in a queue on 2 x occasions, for way over an hour on each occasion which is totally unacceptable. Today it was 90 mins so I gave up again.In addition to this, the UK government have advised against all unnecessary overseas travel until further notice, which means that my travel insurance would be invalid.I have also phoned TUI customer service dept on Monday June 15th & 16th (yesterday), on 0203 451 2688 to advise them that I will be cancelling, but they state that they cannot assist me & that I must telephone the 3rd part flight number as listed at the beginning of this email. This is because the flight is on a 3rd party airline, namely BA. I explained to them that I could not get through, but they repeated that they cannot assist me. I advised 2 x people that I wished to cancel & their first names were Mpho & Ene, the latter being a supervisor.As I said before, I paid a deposit when the booking was made last October, but the balance is due to be paid tomorrow, Thursday June 18th. They have sent me an email requesting that I pay the balance by tomorrow, & suggesting that if I don't, I may incur administration charges by not advising them of the cancellation.I have also tried to cancel online, by attempting to 'manage my booking', but my booking states I cannot do this online & must contact them by telephone.

I even suggested to customer service, that we amend the booking until next September, but the response from TUI was to say that there is no availability.

What do you all think.