Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turinc---hilly?
6 Posts
The beach isn't too hilly.

But seriously... Turunc is set in a bay from which rise extremely steep hills... some accomodation trade on their spectacular views and provide regular transport to and from the village.

Most accomodation is close to the water on the flat. Just be careful that your accomodation suits your requirements before booking.
Rich C,
many thanks for your quick reply.
Are most of the restaurants on the flat area also?
I remember that in Kalkan every evening started and finished with a steep walk either up or down to the restaurants and want to avoid that.
So is it a bit like the layout at olu Deniz regarding eateries?
del949
Have alook at the virtual tour on
http://www.turunc-village.com/turunc.htm
You will be able to see that most of the bars and restaurants are close to the beach area and not on the hill part of the village
Del

Turunc isn't like Kalkan, where the gradien't is steep almost down to the water's edge.

The sheer backdrop makes Turunc a spectacular setting, but the village is spread out on the flat at the base of the hills.

Turunc doesn't have such a wide choice of restaurants as Kalkan, but the quality on my one-and-only visit was very high, and the setting is absolutely lovely - both greener and grander than Kalkan.

They're both places I'd very happily go back to.
Many thanks for your informative replies and to fionay for the link which gives a good insight.
definately on the list of possibles for next year, a lot depends on wether we still enjoy Bitez as much this year or if some of the magic has worn thin.
del949
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.